If you’re ready to spice things up a notch, apply for one of ourunior Data Scientist position and go to emiadotcom to get to know us a little better.
Do you have a passion for using data to drive decisions and inform the direction of products that impact the lives of people every day? Are you motivated to help decision makers unearth new possibilities and solutions for complex questions and challenges?
As a Junior Data Scientist for the Data and Analytics team at , you will have the opportunity to see a direct link between your effort and corresponding business critical questions, insights, and outcomes. You will collaborate with data science engineers and researchers, passionate about modelling and interpreting data.
You accomplish this by:
• Interacting with key internal business stakeholders to understand strategic questions and determine the appropriate technical approach
• Developing innovative analytical solutions to business problems using statistical, mathematical, machine learning, or other quantitative methodology
• Analyzing large and complex datasets, interpret trends and patterns, and distill findings into actionable insights
• Effectively communicating results, findings, and insights from complex analyses to any audience, particularly to company leaders • Collecting, processing and cleansing data from a wide variety of sources. Transforming and converting unstructured data set into structured data for analysis.
• Developing and implementing predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and/or optimization models
• Distilling the assumptions, general approach, and output of solutions based on mathematical algorithms or models to business partners and company leaders, eliminating “black box” distrust
You'd be a great fit if your experience looks like this:
• Foundational knowledge of mathematics, statistics, software development and machine learning algorithms and libraries
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong capability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume data from a variety of sources
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to serve as an “analytic translator”
• Ability to problem solve independently and prioritize work based on anticipated business value
• . or . in a quantitative or technical field such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Cybernetics, Economics or other relevant discipline
Software development experience in a general purpose programming language: Python, C++, Java, or technical computing/application specific: MATLAB, R, Julia.
Experience with data mining environments such as: SAS EM, RapidMiner, Weka and/or business intelligence tools.
Additional Information: Chance to work with big data technologies Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Hive, Elasticsearch and Kibana.
. Be yourself. We would like to work with YOU.
- A well-deserved salary
- “As long as the job gets done” type of flexible hours
- “Employee of the month” performance bonus
- Referral bonus for getting your friends to work with us
- “Birthday Bash at the Wheel of Fortune” (it’s weird but you want it, trust us)
- Medical coverage to keep you healthy
- Holiday bonification twice a year to keep you happy
- Career improvement trainings and workshops to make you smarter
- “Jingle and Mingle” & “Fun in the sun” – the best company parties you’ve ever seen
- We hold a cool event every month
- Each team goes on outings to keep that flame alive
- We have fresh fruit and vegetables, along with coffee and tea to keep that brain in top shape
- The onsite snack dispenser is here for those moments when all you need is chocolate