The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to
develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace
change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of ourselves and our clients. We are looking for likeminded people who can share our passion for success.
Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and innate curiosity, be passionate about internal and external
customer and show willingness to succeed in a team environment.
Responsibilities will include supporting multiple large accounts on any post-order requirement, acting as main point of
escalation between client buyers and factory. Ability to run reports and understand and utilize data within reports is critical.
Industry knowledge is important and developing partnerships with field, factory and clients will be the key to success.
Understand customer support requirements, define an agreed service level in accordance with the external sales team and
Management, and deliver it.
Understand Microchip revenue goals and drive actions aimed at meeting or exceeding them, including shipping optimization
and turns business.
Understand Microchip End Equipment and Key Client strategy and apply the most relevant level of support for each customer.
Initiate and drive actions leading to the best possible alignment between client’s service requirements and Microchip
1. With a deep understanding of client’s WW demand both direct and through subcontractors, regularly analyze and
anticipate future trends
2. Maintain open backlog to avoid customers supply issues
3. Work in team with Client Engagement Managers to become knowledgeable of client’s end market, competitive
situation and growth drivers to co-create the best possible alignment between client’s needs and Microchip capabilities.
This will include setting the right expectations regarding process improvements, logistic services or any other
requirements. Be the main interface for the development and maintenance of logistic programs
4. Load new orders and action amendments to meet customers’ requirements. Be the customer/factory liaison- dealing
with progress enquiries
5. Keep close contact with the customer’s purchasing office to meet and exceed service level expectations
6. Overview EDI transactions and check that order entries and change orders are successfully supported
7. Keep closely in contact with other Microchip offices in Europe, Asia or US to ensure efficient communication and
8. Run, review and distribute periodic reports as requested
9. Support Client Engagement managers in preparing annual price agreements
10. Keep Customer Database updated
11. Order samples as required to support future opportunities
12. Support Accounts Receivable in Ireland when necessary to resolve overdue payment issues
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Excellent organization skills.
Must be service oriented.
Experience in Supply Chain and Customer Service role.
Experience in working with the Semiconductor industry would be advantageous.
Knowledge of Model N price quote system preferred.
Ability and willingness to work in a dynamic international environment, to interact and communicate with different cultures.
Ability to work pro-actively, anticipating and resolving customer issues.
Detailed oriented and precise.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Has a sound business sense and can judge when to escalate by formulating a business case for Business Unit or Sales Management evaluation
Degree holder in Business administration or related discipline preferred.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and Word.
Other European language skills would be advantageous.
Willingness to travel occasionally in Europe or . for training purposes.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Only eligible applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview, the rest of the applications will be stored in the Microchip database for a period of 6 months for future opportunities.