(Jr.) Cloud Database Engineer - Sibiu/Ro
Partially remote job (working time will be divided between remote and company's headquarters)
* all languages are compulsory
Digital learning is our mission. WE EMPOWER PEOPLE.
We are looking for an enthusiastic cloud database engineer, to join our Hosting team which is operating the cloud-based, award-winning software platforms of IMC AG. A person who wants to grow together with us and shows the same “Passion for Learning” as we do.
- Operate our cloud-based web applications and SQL database servers in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Monitor the infrastructure, create backup scenarios, analyse incidents in our environment and provide solutions
- Improve performance of databases and infrastructure management tools through configuration tuning and software optimizations
- Leverage existing industry and internal tools to manage, debug and scale MS SQL/PostgreSQL database infrastructure
- Deploying application, database updates and software patches
- Automate tasks and optimize our monitoring processes
- Troubleshoot complex issues and dive into MS SQL and PostgreSQL internals
- Perform occasional IT administration tasks for our Sibiu site
- Knowledge of operating web applications (web server, servlet engine, databases)
- Good understanding of database fundamentals, knowledge about DB installation (PostgreSQL/MS SQL) and operating systems (Windows and/or Linux)
- You are excited to troubleshoot issues spanning databases and want to dive into the internals of PostgreSQL/MS SQL to resolve complex problems
- Knowledge/experience in setting up monitoring and alarming for production DB environments
- You have knowledge about database migrations, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Detailed focused, excellent analytical skills with a structured approach to problem-solving in a fast-paced and precise work environment
- Availability for on-calls at minimum one week/month
- Fluency in English language is mandatory, German is an advantage
What we offer
- Top salaries for high performers,
- Experienced and enthusiastic colleagues support and inspire you,
- Exciting projects for major brands,
- Flexible time schedule
- Home-office days are an option
- “Recommend a colleague” bonus
- Sport incentives, fee reimbursement
- Free fruits in the office
- Private medical clinic subscription
- Participation to sport & team-building events, Bookster subscription and more...
- Online interview
- Are you fluent in English?
- Please explain why you are applying for this job in Sibiu/Romania?
- Are you available for on-calls, minimum one week per month?