Senior C Linux Engineer for Space Business (ARAIM Project)
DETAILS OF THE JOB
Thales Systems Romania (TSR) is now developing its capacities in SW development for Space applications in collaboration with Thales Alenia Space (TAS).
Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures.
As a result of continuous improvement and development strategy, Thales is currently recruiting for its ARAIM team a Software Development Engineer. The team will develop from scratch an engine (a kind of test bench) which will implement algorithms generating integrity messages according to the ARAIM concept. These algorithms are under study for introduction into the European SBAS EGNOS V3 system.
· Design and implement software components using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result
· Assists as part of the team on the design of components of larger systems
· Produces detailed designs including, for example, physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes and backup, recovery and restart procedures
· Puts skills and project based experience into practice and provides support to less experienced colleagues
· Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work
· Tests the programmed solution
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· You want your work to have a purpose
· You have an analytical thinking and a thirst for innovation
· You have creativity, originality and initiative
· You are resourceful and solution oriented
· You are able to adapt and react to change
· You are a team player but you also take ownership for your decisions
· You embrace autonomous and multicultural ways of working
· You are self-aware and you work on developing your leadership skills and social influence
· Finally, you like challenges and are willing to take part in the growth of the global engineering competence centre in Romania - you are the person we are looking for!
· 4+ years of experience programming in C
· Understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems and programming environments
· Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code
· A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of best practices
· Experience using scripting languages: shell scripting, python
· Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
· Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
· Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time (Toulouse)
· Proficient in spoken and written English
WOULD BE A PLUS:
· French language
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar;
· Work experience in Agile software development processes;
LIFE AS A THALES SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a software engineer within Thales in Romania, you can work in the fields of ground transportation, space, aerospace, security or defence applications.
· You work within in a scrum team with other software developers, in agile mode
· You contribute to the requirement definition, to the software design and you will be involved with the architectural aspects of the software projects
· You enjoy playing video games or tennis table with your colleagues during a break
· You develop, test and integrate
· You will make estimations and give inputs for the planning together with the team members
· Your peers are recognised experts in the field - They will help you get up to speed and will gladly devote time to support your development
YOUR CAREER AT THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
· Room for and attention to personal development
· The opportunity to grow within the organisation, for instance on a technical, managerial or international level, within the various markets Thales is working in
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
· 24 holiday days a year
· A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours and work from home options
· A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical coverage
YOUR WORKING LOCATION IN ROMANIA:
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is home to over 400 employees working across the various Thales businesses. A modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop.
If you’ve got what it takes and you have technology in your heart then check out our job opportunities and discover how your career can take off with Thales! Let your next decisive moment be your most important one. Join us and help make the world safer!
Great journeys start here!