Java Software Engineer - Sibiu
Middle (2-5 years)
English - advanced
We are BearingPoint RegTech (Solutions)
BearingPoint is a leading international provider of innovative regulatory and risk technology solutions (RegTech and RiskTech) and services along the Regulatory Value Chain for Financial Services.
Based on 25 years of experience in regulation and more than 10 years in managed services, we offer a unique portfolio of software and services from a single source: Innovative regulatory, risk management, and tax reporting solutions and services for the financial industry.
We work closely with regulators and as a member of standardization bodies such as the XBRL consortium, we actively contribute to the standard-setting process. Our know-how resulting from these activities feeds our regulatory maintenance service providing ongoing product updates in line with changing regulations.
We are looking for a Java Developer to become part of the ABACUS development team. ABACUS is our high-quality standard software solution for bank and insurance supervisory and is the Market-leading off-the-shelf strategic risk aggregation and regulatory reporting platform.
- Maintain and extend a highly complex Java application which is based on a flexible client-server architecture as well as a relational database for data maintenance;
- working and sharing knowledge and ideas with the international team;
- You will use the following technologies, in a mixed Romanian-German team: Java SE, Java EE, SQL, Oracle DB, Tomcat, WildFly, Maven, GIT, Apache Spark, XML, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Junit, Infinispan.
- Having MSc or BSc Degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering;
- Very good knowledge of Java, SQL and OOP Principles acquired in 3+ years of development experience;
- Experience with RDBMS systems (Oracle);
- Experience with versioning control systems – GIT;
- Experience with Application Servers (WildFly) is a plus;
- Ability to write high quality code;
- Experience in working with the WildFly environment would be an advantage;
- English is mandatory, German is a plus;
- Knowledge of business processes and business experience in a large company is a plus;
- High interest in continuous learning and development (new tools, technologies, methodologies).
Attractive compensation package:
- Fixed salary compensation along with Yearly Evaluation and performance-related bonus scheme;
- Meal Tickets, Easter and Christmas Gift Vouchers;
- Seniority Bonus and Referral Bonus.
Health and Well-being:
- WorldClass Gym Discounts and 7Card Partnership;
- Weekly Fruit Day;
- Onsite Chair Massage;
- Private Medical Subscription for employees and family (children, spouse/ life partner);
- Life and Accident Insurance.
Personal and professional development:
- German/ French Language Courses at any level;
- Complete training & certification curricula available (tailored courses);
- E-Learning System available for all employees;
- Firm Wide and Regional level trainings.
- 23-27 Vacation Days;
- Flexible Schedule and Work from Home Option available.