The Banking Products IT (BPIT) group is seeking a Java Developer for the Strategic Syndicated Commercial Loans Platform and Loan Lifecycle Management System. The system where the bank manages all loan life cycle events. It provides draw-down control, real-time limit availability checking and detailed limit data. Main functions within the banks infrastructure: drawdown capture, funding, risk, cash settlement and accounting.
• Java Development Client(Swing)/Server Java, JMS
• Oracle Development
• Enhance strategic software systems.
• Be involved in all phases of the project lifecycle (from analysis and specification through to testing and deployment) but with the emphasis on systems development
• Ensure projects are delivered on schedule and meeting client needs.
• Keep colleagues informed of developments; work collaboratively.
• Develop systems in an effective manner, using innovation and common sense to provide the bank with the tools to increase its profitable growth.
• Control the health of the development, test and production Transaction Processing environments
• Development of tools and processes to support the applications
• Performance analysis and tuning
• Participation in technical strategic decisions
• Liaison with other development and infrastructure teams
• Liaison with the business community to understand their processes and principles
• Data Analysis and coordination with IT Services for Production Support
The successful candidate should be technically strong in the following development technologies with a primary focus on strong Java skills working in a Continuous Integration environment:
• Strong OO software design and development
• Strong Core Java, Spring, Groovy, JUnit
• Strong SQL / Stored Procedure experience
• Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, Automated Acceptance Tests
• Other: Swing, ORM (Mybatis/Hibernate), Web Services, Tibco, JMS, Jetty, Team City, Jira, JQuery, Jira
Reasons to join us