JAVA FULLSTACK DEVELOPER for MobileStack 5G
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
English - Advanced
, Romanian - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
About the role
Working on this project, our colleague will gain insight in multiple technologies ranging from developing new network monitoring functionalities using Java, enabling and configuring HW devices, creating REST APIs and exposing new features in WebUI developed in an Enterprise Web Application Framework.
In this role, you will evolve the Keysight MobileStack product line to support the 5G core network 3GPP standards. The Keysight Network Visibility products provide the ability for our customers to tap, aggregate, filter, sample, as well as perform many other functions on their network traffic for monitoring and analysis.
About the project
Keysight’s network packet broker provides multiple applications, such as:
- MobileStack – monitoring of customer traffic from a mobile user/session perspective (, SIP/RTP)
- AppStack – monitoring of customer traffic from an application perspective (. L4-L7)
- SecureStack – providing secure encryption/decryption for (Active SSL)
- TradeVision – stock trading monitoring and analysis tool
- PacketStack – standard packet broker features such as aggregation, deduplication, masking, etc.
- NetStack – port tagging and VLAN stripping
Our MobileStack products track mobile users and sessions, sending the associated control and user plane data to specific network monitoring tools (. probes) for analysis. In addition, they load balance across probes and provide sampling, filtering and VIP whitelisting functionalities. This allows our customers to manage their probe bandwidth by looking at a subset of the overall network traffic, in addition to being able to troubleshoot specific quality of service issues. As network traffic continues to increase each year, our customers need solutions to monitor their network traffic more efficiently and cost effectively.
This position is an opportunity to contribute to our product and team, as we continue to evolve our MobileStack product to meet the demands of 5G core network and network virtualization.
Working schedule is flexible. We have regular daily meetings for status and occasional technical meetings based on the project phase and status.
- Design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet our user requirements;
- Participate in definition of new software product features and software;
- Develop server-side components to satisfy front-end requirements;
- When needed, develop front-end code using web application frameworks;
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques and best practices;
- Rapidly solve problems and fix bugs;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Develop unit tests and perform feature/integration testing
- Java and Object Oriented software design skills required;
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threading;
- Working experience with Client/Server application development and REST services;
- Working experience with HTML5, CSS3, and web application frameworks;
- Proficient use of dev tools & processes including JDE, version control, and defect tracking;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Problem solver and technology enthusiast;
- Creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge and interest in Ethernet and networking technologies is a plus.