Java developer / Java programmer
Partially remote job (working time will be divided between remote and company's headquarters)
Full Stack Software Developer with Java
… and much more than that!
Be a part of our team at Fordaq that’s building the B2B Marketplace platform! Our software development teams turn business requirements into state-of-the-art solutions while working closely with Android developers, business analysts, researchers, and DevOps experts.
Headquartered in Belgium, Fordaq has been in the business of building software products for the wood industry – and not only – for over 20 years. Our software development quarters are located in Bucharest, very close to Piata Victoriei, but we have offices all over the world, some examples being Spain, Italy, France, Croatia, Poland, Vietnam, and China.
Companies in the industry know us for being the biggest B2B marketplace, having over two hundred thousand companies registered around the world. Over the last 5 years, we have been a main participant in digitizing the industry, having built products that automatize processes that not so long ago were done manually. We expanded to AI products – web-based, Android, and in the last two years also hardware products with industrial cameras and high-performance image processing.
We have built a core team that includes highly skilled & very experienced developers and DevOps and an overall attitude oriented towards building high-quality products.
We’re developing software & hardware products that are solving real problems, for real customers. Our clients need precise and accurate solutions, and we take pride in being able to offer them the best there is.
What you’ll do
- Work in an Agile environment with a team of experienced developers & business analysts
- Build front-end components on the web-based marketplace
- Build backend functionalities and participate with ideas for improvements
- Write automated tests and document your code
- Participate in code review sessions
- Participate in knowledge transfer & coaching sessions – you’ll have the opportunity to understand how the entire ecosystem works and actually contribute to components of the project which you might be interested in – AI, computer vision, Android
What we require
Every Fordaq team member is an important asset to us and makes his mark on the projects they’re working on. Here is what we’re looking for in this role:
- Technical Bachelor degree, or undergoing studies to achieve one
- Willingness to learn and develop comprehensive knowledge across programming fields
- Object-oriented programming languages skills, with a strong focus on Java. Our products use Java >= 8
- Web development skills
- SQL knowledge - MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, OracleDB or similar
- Spring framework knowledge is a plus
- Struts2 knowledge is a plus
- Hibernate knowledge is a plus
- Strong understanding of programming concepts & design patterns
- Problem-solving skills, with an attitude oriented on results. Teamwork is a must!
What we offer
- Attractive salary package
- Trainings, coaching, and certifications
- Periodical performance evaluations
- Performance or special occasions bonuses
- Medical insurance
- Transport to/from work assured (Subway/bus/tram subscription)
- 2 sick days/year
- Mixed work environment, in a 1 day at work, 4 days from home weekly system. This might evolve under pandemic circumstances
- Other benefits such as gym subscriptions, Bookster, teambuildings
Join us as a Full Stack Software Developer in the Bucharest-based team to work in a relaxed environment with top specialists, where your work can have a profound impact