Java Developer - File Engineering Team
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
English - Advanced
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The Java Developer - File Engineering team will be responsible for the design, development and testing of bespoke solutions for our clients usingthe latest Java frameworksand tools.
Lingo24 undertakes and delivers translations across a vast array of business documents. All these different document types require specific filtering to extract the text which needs to be translated. The File Engineering department develops a set of tools to automate the extraction of these texts. In addition, we develop custom steps for clients to validate, enrich and transform their data.
What you will be doing:
- Use critical thinking to identify how to improve workflows, by automating filtering and developing bespoke steps for clients. You will use Java and the Okapi framework as the backbone of the solutions and other frameworks such as Apache POI as needed.
- Write, modify, and debug code to adapt the set of user interface event driven applications that are used to manage the automation and interact with other Lingo24’s systems. The technical stack includes Spring Boot, BackboneJS, Docker, Vagrant or Puppet.
- Support and develop the services that underpin the automation of the file filtering, using technologies such as Apache Camel or Okapi Longhorn.
- Share knowledge and support the File Engineering Specialists in view of further developing their Java development skills and guiding them through the Filter automation solution and technologies.
- Offer consultancy for PMs/AMs on various technical matters related to their projects (optimal workflows, automation of processes).
What we expect from you:
- Good team-player skills and can-do attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and pass this acquired knowledge on to others
- Previous experience in Java and/or other OO languages
- Knowledge of Maven and Git code versioning systems or similar
- Previous use of IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse software or similar
- Previous use of a Linux based operating system
- Knowledge of the FTP, HTTP, SSH protocols and REST.
What we offer:
- 7 hours work-day with one hour lunch break.
- Flexible working hours.
- 24 days paid holiday/year plus an additional day of holiday starting with the 3rd year in the company.
- Loyalty month: every 5th year in Lingo24, you get a celebratory month on top of your standard holidays.
- Social events & team building activities.
- Medical care.
- Possibility to get office massage and yoga classes.
- Pet friendly office.
- What is your main motivation for applying to this job?