The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
IT Systems and Security Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
* all languages are compulsory
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
General Job description:
We are looking for an IT Systems and Security Engineer to join our IT Department. You will work within our IT Team and will be responsible for helping us stay as secure as possible while allowing normal workflows to continue uninterrupted. As an IT Systems and Security Engineer you will interact with users within different production departments and collaborate closely with IT Management in order to keep ongoing business operation at the most efficient level possible, with the highest security possible.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the IT field and minimum 2 years of proven work record in an IT Security role.
- Experience with performing vulnerability assessments, security audits, as well as penetration tests.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments.
- Proficient with scripting (Bash/PowerShell).
- Knowledge of IP Networking and related services (Routing, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Firewall, NAT, VPN).
- Strong knowledge of Desktop Windows (VistaLinux and APPLE MAC OS Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of desktop applications, like MS Office suite and alternatives, browsers, Antivirus software, etc.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server OS (any fromand Windows Domain Services (Active Directory services and Group Policy) as well as Linux Server OSes and services like HTTP Servers and proxies (. Apache, NGINX, HAProxy), Databases (. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Ability to write and maintain IT documentation . FAQ.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated with good multi-tasking abilities.
- Good spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Evaluate, Install, configure and oversee security systems; monitor and respond to security systems events.
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructure, with security as a priority.
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network – maintain integrity and security of the network, server deployment, workstations and associated systems.
- Perform day-to-day administration of various firewalls.
- Install new hardware, systems, and software for security systems.
- Manage and document system configurations.
- Harden security for servers, desktop / mobile computer workstations, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, perform software deployment, apply security updates and patches.
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email security, anti-virus, anti-spam
- Provide technical support for company users.
- Provide updates on security best practices and periodical security training for company employees.