IT HELPDESK SUPPORT ENGINEER WITH ENGLISH
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - advanced
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
IT HELPDESK SUPPORT ENGINEER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Smarttech247 are looking to add an energetic and friendly Helpdesk Support Engineer to their growing team.
We offer a great place to work and a focused environment in which you will develop your skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the daily duties and responsibilities expected of our Engineers. These are the most common tasks and duties, but are certainly not the only ones. Ultimately the Engineer’s role is to provide resolution to customer issues in a pleasant, timely fashion.
- Work on Service Desk tickets that come in via phone or email
- Monitor and manage system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Support technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Installation and configuration of workstations
- Assist with Malware removal
- Configure users in Microsoft environments
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Terminal Services
- Support printer networking issues
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Escalate service requests that require Senior Engineer level support
- Understand our internal processes by completing assigned training materials
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Intermediate to advanced Windows 10 skills
- Intermediate to advanced O365 experience
- Intermediate to advanced AD experience
- Intermediate to advanced Mac OS X in the enterprise desired
- Intermediate to advanced Linux/UNIX and Windows serverskills
- Strong intermediate-level to advanced network engineering skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual really needs to possess the following personal traits:
- Excellent communication skills. Most of the job is dealing with people at different levels of organisations and clear communication is essential – both verbal and written.
- Good awareness – we need a good team player that can engage and help others in the team when they are under pressure.
- Ability to learn quickly
- A love of technology – an ideal candidate will have technology running through their veins and impart that passion to clients and the rest of the team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Education & Qualifications:
· Minimum 2 years working in a structured helpdesk environment.
· 3rd Level Diploma/Degree would be beneficial.
· Proven track record of learning with industry led certifications (at least one of the following is a requirement - any of the following CCNA, Comptia + or MCITP, MCSA.