This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Education requirement / Working seniority:
• University degree or equivalent IT qualifications
• Previous experience working in an IT Support role
• Passionate about IT
• Fluent English language
Technical / Functional Skills:
• Experience in business software and hardware technical support via phone or e-mail to users;
• Experience with desktop operating systems and applications - Exchange, Outlook, Windows Office products, Active Directory environment, etc.
• Good knowledge of hardware, including desktops, laptops and their components;
• Good working knowledge of English
• Problem solving and Organizational skills
SUMARRY OF THE ROLE
The Job holder is the Customer’s first point of contact with the IT Helpdesk. His role is to take phone calls, minimize waiting times for customers and resolve the IT technical issues and service requests raised. The ‘Customer’ is defined as all internal Emerson Network Power employees based in Europe. The holder of this position will work using predefined processes and procedures, along with ‘best practices’ for resolving problems, distributing tickets to technicians in other teams and escalate more complex problems to the 2nd level of support within the IT Helpdesk team.
Will handle remote desktop configurations and other administrative activities whenever he is not taking calls or otherwise engaged.
Provides the business with remote support on Information Technology aspects on a wide range of equipment and systems (including but not limited to end user computers, output devices, telecoms (PBX/Mobile phones), VPN, network infrastructure, servers).
• Provides IT technical support for hardware/software problems via phone and e-mail, showing professionalism and courtesy at all times. Redirects or escalates complex technical problems to the 2nd level support or other specialised teams.
• Provides telephony support (PBX/fixed line/mobile) and performs necessary account changes. Solves extension and v-mail problems. Assists the users in changing their passwords and provides training for accessing and using v-mail.
• Researches hardware and software solutions for the problems raised by the end users, following standard procedures or "best practices". Ensures compliance with Emerson Corporate policies and Emerson Network Power IT standards.
• Software deployment and monitoring. Installs and provides technical support for a variety of Microsoft and Cisco tools, including the MS Office Suite.
• Registers, monitors and documents the whole support process, including all the actions, phone calls, e-mails (be they positive or negative), from request to the final solution, in the dedicated ticketing application.
• Is responsible for training users (via phone or e-mail) on correct usage of hardware and software tools.
• Ensures that any activity, task and responsibility required by the role in terms of International Trade Compliance regulations is managed and performed in full compliance with the company’s ITC Certification program.
Emerson is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. Founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), Emerson delivers solutions through five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. With sales of $ and more thanemployees in over 150 countries, we have a customer-focused, results-driven culture where employee performance is recognized and rewarded.
Visit us at: