This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
Provide solutions to challenging customer problems through customer interaction, debugging, root cause analysis, code workarounds, bug fixes and sample code. It encompasses a range of on-prem and cloud technologies from Azure IoT to Artificial Intelligence/Cognitive Services supporting multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Android etc) and multiple languages (C, C#, Java, Python etc). Developer Support Escalation Engineers are passionate about technology and helping others. They must be highly observant and skilled in detection in order to identify and resolve issues. This requires empathy, outstanding logic skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to think differently and a genuine desire to help people do their best.
• Work with a broad range of customers from small development shops and independent software vendors (ISVs) to Fortune 500 companies.
• Provide accurate information, and help resolve the most technically challenging, critical and highest impact problems for developers regarding their Microsoft systems software.
• Analyze the most difficult programming problems and develop highly specific solutions to meet developer needs.
• Communicate with developer customers through a number of channels including telephone, email, public and private forums, and the Internet.
• Participate in “triage” meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
• Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions.
• Act as a liaison to internal development organizations, representing the voice of the customer and advocating for product improvements to alleviate customer pain.
• Help teams across developer organizations monitor new incoming cases and meet SLA for critical cases and ensure transitions to appropriate teams
Skill Profiles Needed
“Nice to have” skills
Visual Studio, IoT, Windows, Linux, Android, C, C#, Jscript, .Net Framework, troubleshooting, developer, programmer, Java,