Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
Your day to day
Responsible for contributing in technology IT framework definition through driving execution for technologies evaluation and adoption/roadmap of Database technical products, DBaaS infrastructure and related services within GDC with end-to-end vision and ownership.
Autonomous, efficient scouting and evaluation of Database technologies and related opportunities, gaps and impacts on operating models within GDC working closely with all relevant entities to ensure optimum service quality and minimal operation costs while ensuring an innovative and best of breed portfolio of infrastructure components.
Maintain a holistic view of the business to anticipate and respond to major events or cyclical demands on database area through the most current suitable technologies like DBaaS in public, private or hybrid cloud, relational (. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle , MariaDB) and NoSQL (. MongoDB, DynamoDB) databases.
Work for international customers in cross-cultural teams is substantial in infrastructure services.
Provide technical guidance for the introduction of new Database technologies to allow Vodafone’s business functions and local markets to realise their strategy. This involves:
- Create high-level design for new cloud Database products based on IaaS and DBaaS infrastructure, which will be adopt in Vodafone’s global Datacentres with the focus to support Cloud ready cloud native applications
- Support to business functions and local markets with the transformational journey by ensuring platform performance, efficiency and stability and always on solution.
- Provide technical documentation as well as consultancy to internal Group Data Centre teams and Local Markets ensuring TDO strategy is followed
- Guide implementation projects that introduces / evolve with new technologies and ensure timely delivery of innovative new designs
- Plan and organize technical workshops with potential vendors and Vodafone Teams for evaluating new innovative technologies to be used by Vodafone
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business
- Manage the early steps of technology lifecycle: Scouting, Proof of Concepts, Minimum Valuable Product and Industrialisation
- Elaborate solutions based on asset Lifecycle Management requirements
- Promote customer satisfaction with good communication by creating and demonstrating technology innovations to the customers
- Consult BRM team with technology roadmap aligning it with Customer strategy
- Retrieve industry trends with specific session and adhoc session with analyst from research company . Gartner, IDC
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- 3+ years of experience working with IT Technology and Databases
- Infrastructure scripting and automation knowledge in multiple popular methods (python, Perl, bash, chef, terraform)
- Good understanding of Database solutions for Private and Public Cloud implementations
- Good communication and transfer capabilities
- Understanding of license and cost model of Database solutions
- Able to engage in efficient collaboration with internal and external as well as able to work in distributed teams
- Ability to identify opportunities to adopt specific databases infrastructure solution on the cloud or on-premises
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Ability to contribute and collaborate with virtual teams in different organisational trees
- Fluent in English with ability to communicate at all levels, dealing with multicultural environments
- Understanding of Database architecture and principles
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose 2 days per week
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation
The future is exciting. Ready?