Information Security Advisor
Remote job (allows the activity to be fulfilled from home, permanently or temporarily)
* all languages are compulsory
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience.
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
You will be responsible for investigating critical as well as high alerts, determining the source of the threat, the extent to which client assets have been compromised, making recommendations, and implementing remediation.
- In this position you will be responsible for investigating alerts, determining the source of the threat, the extent to which client assets have been compromised and making recommendations for remediation.
- Advice on analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from SIEM tools, network and host-based IDS, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, mid-range, applications, and databases.
- Perform analysis on potential malicious e-mails reported by the customers.
- Leverage customers’ internal tools in order to provide a thorough investigation on potential phishing attempts.
- Collaborate with Line of Business technical teams for resolution and mitigation of detected issues.
- Create and submit complex recommendations (technical/process) that trigger relevant improvements in the customer security posture.
- Elaborating runbooks.
- Routinely interact with vulnerability and threat management teams and incorporate feedback into information security applications.
- Supervise different incident response actions with internal and external teams while owning the responsibility for the incident/event until complete closure.
- Knowledge sharing activities: creating and delivering new content for Community of Practice sessions.
- Subject Matter Expert for 1 technology in scope.
- 3-5 years of Information Technology experience with network technologies.
- Previous experience in raw log files review, data correlation, and analysis (., firewalls logs, network flows, intrusion detection systems, system logs).
- Solid understanding of Information Security concepts (malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management).
- Previous experience in elaborating and maintaining procedures, documentations, workflows, and runbooks.
- Previous customer support experience including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling and reporting.
- Experience in customer interaction and business communication with customer stakeholders and setting correct expectations.
- Industry certification from vendors (ie: Cisco, SANS, CompTIA, ITIL, Unix, Microsoft, Oracle, AWS).
- Experience in adjacent areas (Security Operations Center, Network Operations Center, Platform/Tool Support Engineer.
Here are more reasons to join our team!
Take a look at what we offer and feel free to reach out to us for more details!
Development programs and cybersecurity training/ certifications – because we grow together.
Internal Career Progression Plan for top performers - we encourage you to follow internal opportunities.
Regular workshops – we are the largest community of cybersecurity experts and we enjoy sharing our best practices during our Communities of Practice and to our trainees.
Work from home policy – your time matters.
Medical and Dental subscription – flexible package and you can include your family members.
Annual Performance Bonus.
Why work with us?
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.