Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
People Point is recruiting a HR Generalist for its client, the world’s largest producer of bricks and clay blocks, as well as being the market leader for clay roof tiles. The business is represented in 30 countries with 197 production sites. Apply here and join our client’s team.
- Work closely with the Country HRM and organization’s senior leaders to develop an HR agenda that closely supports the overall aims of the organization.
- Provide generalist advice and guidance in line with employment law and business policies, to develop a partnership approach with managers to ensure operational objectives are met through employee development, performance management, robust recruitment and continuous improvement and that closely supports the overall aim of the HR Agenda.
- Develop employee job skills for efficiency and productivity, as well as identifying and developing key employees for advancement and succession planning.
- Support employees (conflict management, career aspirations etc.).
- Analyze people related statistical and data trends for the business.
- Be a champion for change and help drive the business through any periods of change.
- Support Country HRM and Local Management in implementing Group HR standards (Recruitment, Talent management and Succession Planning etc.).
Job Purpose (key objectives):
Recruitment & Retention
- Work closely with line managers to ensure that Group recruitment policy is followed.
- Organize and attend any appropriate interviews.
- Carry out any recruitment tools when necessary and provides feedback to the candidates.
- Ensure that all Job Descriptions & competencies are completed for any vacancies.
- Ensure Exit Interviews are carried out.
- Monitor retention statistics and provide proposals to reduce turnover where appropriate.
- Prepare & deliver new starter inductions.
Performance Management (PM)
- Built country PM process based on Group standards.
- Implement Group tools for White- and Blue-collar populations.
- Execute timely PM process takes place.
- Work with managers on a PM quality.
Learning & Development (L&D)
- Proactively collect data of training needs and built Annual Training Plan.
- Drive L&D agenda to deliver necessary trainings.
- Evaluate training efficiency.
Talent Management and Succession Planning (TMaSP)
- Support Country HRM in annual TMaSP process for key personnel in the country.
- Support managers in TMaSP process for their teams.
- Collect actions agreed during People Talk with Managers.
- Support Managers under control of GM in execution of Annual People Plans.
- Drive execution of development of Succession Plans.
Employee Relations (ER)
- Supports Country HRM with ER issues with the in-country business, escalating for support and guidance as required.
- Pragmatically assess options and advise and support managers in the preparation of case information for presentation at disciplinary, grievance, capability and attendance hearings and appeals.
- Develop and promote good relationships and partnership working with local and full trade union officers / representatives.
- Assist the Country HRM and Management Team in advising on implementing changes to organizational structures in country and on the group level.
- Work with co-workers and managers to lead and influence change.
- Supports Country HRM with development of country communication standards - drive in-country communication (boards info, newsletters etc.)
- Promote Company as Employer to selected in-country job markets (with support of Group tools).
- Proactively help to manage & reduce absence in line with Company Policy.
- Liaise with Occupational Health with regards to return to work and or rehabilitation programs where appropriate.
- Ensure both managers & employees comply with the attendance management policy whilst employees are absent and when they return to work.
- Attend and monitor return to work interviews on sites with high absence and where possible.
- Arrange & attend health update meetings with employees who are off sick in accordance with the long-term sick policy.
- Analyze and interpret management information to support managers in performance. management, sickness absence, retention etc.
- Provide information for quarterly reporting.
- Drive and deliver HR excellence using various tools including HR dashboard and Key Performance Indicators.
- Act legally as well as ethically and morally in all dealings.
- Keep up to date with all current employment legislation.
- Ensure confidentiality & consistency in the country.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and up to date at all times and saved in the appropriate folders.
- Provide guidance and support on key engagement activities.
- Develop friendly, positive and supportive relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Actively seek for stakeholders’ feedback, comments and suggestions, including complaints, to review and improve existing processes, and by doing so to anticipate other stakeholders needs.
- Meet and exceed stakeholders’ expectations.
- Understand situations from the stakeholder perspective so that appropriate and relevant solutions can be identified.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Psychology Bachelor’s degree and associated HR certifications or accreditations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in position.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in direct recruitment.
- Ability to embrace and drive change.
- Effective prioritization & time management.
- Build and establish effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Confident & skilled communicator (verbal & written).
- Good working knowledge of employment law.
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to write and present information.
- Ability to identify development needs.
- Experience in working in a multi-site organization with various stakeholders.
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives.
- Working in a unionized environment.
- Flexible and willing to travel to different locations as and when required. Driving license is required (cat. B).
- Fluent in local and English language.