(1 year temporary contract)
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The scale of our transformation means we’re effectively building a vast new business, at pace. In P&C (People & Culture - our HR function), we have a huge part to play, defining and shaping our new customer focused culture, organizing functions to work more effectively together and attracting the best talent with new types of skills to join us.
It’s an exciting, ever-changing environment – ideal for HR subject experts who are driven, disruptive and dynamic. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the challenge of shaping things from the ground up, you’ll be in your element here. There’s endless space to develop too, so you’ll be progressing your career as fast as you build our smoke-free future.
We are looking for an experienced HR Specialist, with more than 4 year experience in HR area, comfortable working in multinational company, with fluent Romanian and English language, to be part of our Local HR Operations team for a period of 1 year, employed by Philip Morris Trading.
(Job is located in Bucharest.)
Our colleague will have our full support in onboarding as part of the Local HR Operations team and becoming familiar with the processes and specifics of the organization.
Our new colleague will bring to our team expertise and autonomy in performing high quality transactional and operational tasks in the areas of Personnel Administration, Employee Relations and Time & Attendance. Also, depending of the know-how portfolio he/she may be a team contributor in other HR area such as International Assignment or Benefits areas which cannot be covered by our colleagues in our HR Service Hub, due to local legal requirements, business specifics or which require face to face contact.
In a nutshell, together with the rest of our HR Team in Romania and with our colleagues in HR Operations Hub in based in Krakow we are here for the same purposes: to deliver high-quality HR services to our colleagues in the Commercial organization with a high level of satisfaction from their side, to act as a reliable partner in implementing HR strategies and projects and to always strive for continuous improvement.
- Personnel Administration:
• Acts as a main point of contact for the Shared Service Center based in Krakow for commercial organization to address employee’s requests by providing timely, qualitative and legally compliant solutions/advice, whenever the request cannot be addressed by the central team.
• Prepares hiring document file and offers support to our candidates in signing all hiring documentation before first hiring day (documents to be signed according to Romanian legislation, documents required by company internal procedures respond to ad-hoc questions related to the contractual terms);
• Coordinates requests re. various documents specific to employee life-cycle, in line with the existing Romanian labor legislation and company HR policies and procedures.
• Perform transactional activities and contributes with document preparation in the process regarding end of employment.
• Maintain all data related to the employees into the software provided by the Ministry of Labor (Revisal) and ensure transmission of the information related to all personnel related actions into the deadlines established by the labor law.
• Ensures timely document filing, completeness and correctness of personnel files and performs archiving exercise in line with legal requirement and company HR policies and procedures.
• Coordinates end-to-end annual cycle of merit increase documentation including all logistic steps required, in collaboration with Local HR Ops and HR Ops SSC.
- Performance Management/ Employee Relations:
• Participate in the poor performance and disciplinary procedures by preparing all documentation required by Company procedures and Romanian legislation up to collecting all required signatures on the templates closing the respective situation.
- Time & Attendance:
• Manages employee requests regarding re Time & Attendance (T&A) module;
• Leads and contributes to implementation of updates, new elements in T&A module or system bugs fixing (using provider’s ticketing system).
• Extracts and delivers various reporting based on T&A module.
• Leads the testing and implementation projects re T&A module.
• Maintains and updates dedicated content re. T&A application.
• Creates awareness and facilitate use of application for remote/new users by raising their awareness on learning tools /useful resources.
- Content, legal framework & compliance:
• Stays up to date with any new legislation provision in the areas of responsibilities, alerts the supervisor on any change, proposes action plans and solutions and implements them in alignment with the decisions made at departmental/ company level.
• Acts as guardian of HR content (policies, templates, and online content), ensuring all Romanian legislation updates are implemented and that company processes, procedures and templates are compliant with Romanian labor legislation and with PMI Principle & Practices, while equally paying attention to applying continuous improvement solutions.
• Contributes to the content review cycles, makes improvement proposals and communicates them to the organization.
• Applies the highest standards of integrity and act at any moment in full compliance with all applicable laws and PMI P&P-s across the organization in order to support long term sustainability of PM business.
- Reporting & audits:
• Prepares, coordinates and submits reports requested by external parties in Romania in line with legislative requirements.
• Coordinates external party audit sessions regarding Personnel Administration and Payroll information and delivers all reports and documentation required by the auditors.
• University Degree.
• Fluent in Romanian and English.
• Work experience: 4+ years of HR overall experience in a multinational environment.
• Autonomous; Highly Result-oriented.
• Highly customer-oriented.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Comfort around hire management; Integrity & trust; Problem Solving.
• Very good Romanian legislation and labor knowledge.
• Professional approach to work, can demonstrate control of complex processes.
• Experienced in HR software solutions (SAP, Charisma etc.) is a plus.
• Excellent team worker spirit.
• Agile learner.
• PC Literate (very good Excel and Outlook skills).
• Experience in International Assignments is a plus.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.