Contact One Communications, seeking for a Help Desk Specialist Associate to join an established agile team based primarily in Garmisch, Germany. As a Tier 1 Help Desk Specialist - Associate you will work in a dynamic environment supporting customers.
In this role, you will provide remote support, system maintenance, and operation of Windows/Unix workstations. Additionally, you will troubleshoot problems and apply resolutions remotely. You will resolve desktop problems and service requests such as software installs remotely using tools such as SMS, Remote Desktop Connection, Active Directory, and other tools.
• Provide all GCMC participants and staff with responsive, qualified, and knowledgeable IT Call Center and Help Desk support.
• Help Desk requests may be received in person, over the telephone, by email, or via the Systems Support Division ticket system.
• Contractor shall enter telephone request calls, emails, and in-person requests into the ticket system.
Typical Help Desk tasks include the following:
• Managing Active Directory User Accounts and groups.
• Install and troubleshoot all Government-approved IT equipment such as desktops, monitors, printers.
• Physically deploy, relocate and/or replace IT equipment.
• This may require an individual to lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
• Install and troubleshoot all Government-approved operating systems and COTS software for desktops, laptops, and other mobile devices.
• Demonstrate how to login to the network, save and retrieve files, how to find course materials, and how to effectively use all of the GCMC IT resources available, as required by the Government.
• Provide Tier 1 support for GCMC, to include all sections of SSD such as Networking, Systems, DevOps, Information Assurance, and will escalate requests and incidents in accordance with documented SOPs.
• High School Diploma and 5+ years of related experience or a Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
• Knowledge of windows systems administration operations and various operating systems
• Experience working with ticketing systems
• IAT II Security+ Certification (CompTIA Security+)
• MTA Windows OS Fundamentals
• English Level 4
• German Level 2
• UNIX operating systems knowledge