We’re looking to add a skilled, positive, and energetic Head of Quantitative Analysis to join the ever-growing sports betting operations. The candidate will have excellent analytic skills and the business vision to provide the data models and insights that will drive our strategy. He will work closely with the Product Owner and Head of Trading. The Quants team is new and will be growing.
· Design, build and maintain derivative pricing data models, live and pre-live, across a broad range of sports;
· Improve the Risk Management model by implementing new numeric/quantitative techniques;
· Analyze business trends to identify scope for future product development;
· Provide reporting and performance monitoring of our products;
· Define and implement strategy for collecting, reporting and analyzing data in order to improve decisions relating to our sportsbook;
· Supporting other teams who are integrating or testing the sports models.
· Ensure data quality and availability;
· Ensure distribution of knowledge and be available to team members to assist with any issues they may have.
· Learn the touchpoints where changes within a model may have an impact on other business areas.
· Understand, identify and mitigate any risks in delivery of work.
· Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role within the online sports betting industry;
· Extensive experience with odds models from a leading sportsbook;
· A master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a related field is required (PhD in Mathematics or Statistics would be considered a huge plus);
· Applied math / statistics in other industries (. Finance) is an asset;
· Excellent understanding of probability and statistics;
· Excellent knowledge of BI tools, ETL, Data structure, Data analysis;
· Experience with analytical platform such as: Matlab, R, Python etc;
· Excellent SQL skills;
· Experienced in sports data mining and sports analytics;
· Development experience in one of the languages: C, C++, #C, JAVA would be a plus;
· Proficiency in English.
· Strong leadership skills with ability to achieve results by working through others;
· Ability to understand business challenges and formalise them into appropriate analytics and modelling requirements .
· Delivery and results focused with a problem solving attitude;
· Very good at organizing and prioritizing tasks