Hardware Project Manager for Passive Safety and Sensorics - AMS (IASI)
Passionate about hardware engineering but also interested in project management activities? Take a look at our Hardware Project Manager role inside Autonomous Mobility and Safety team.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development. More important, one research and development branch inside Continental - Passive Safety and Sensorics (PSS) - concentrates in Iasi in developing a state of the art active body roll stabilization system that reduces the body roll of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
We are looking for a charismatic and energetic person, who is willing to join our great management team, in the pursuit of building the future together. As a goal-oriented person, your role will be to coordinate a passionate project team of engineers to deliver high quality solutions to our clients in time.
Do you want to be part of our Hardware Project Management team? These should spark your interest:
• Steer the hardware project development from planning trough integration and until final validation;
• Make sure that the development is executed according to Continental’s processes;
• Plan and track all hardware deliveries and related activities with core hardware team members, based on customer or internal milestones;
• Make sure the customer’s requirements are met and the traceability of the requirements is complete;
• Lead the Problem Resolution and Configuration Management processes;
•Plan and perform hardware releases including all necessary activities, release documentation and reviews required for final release approval by the Release Director.
• Act as an interface between Project Management team and the various development teams involved in function development;
• Act as a technical interface between the customer and the hardware development team;
• Manage and moderate discussions/workshops either internal or with worldwide customers;
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
You can be a perfect match to our team if you:
• Graduated in a relevant field (. Electronics, Computer Science, Physics, Informatics);
• Have 1 or more years of relevant experience in leading HW projects;
• Have medium-high knowledge of reading and understanding of analogue and digital electronic schematics.
• Have knowledge of embedded systems, discrete controllers; (System architecture / design knowledge is a plus)
• Have the ability to structure and decompose complex technical topics in simple and easy subcomponents;
• Enjoy taking initiative and lead problems towards solutions;
• Have good planning and organization skills;
• Have good interpersonal skills;
• Have good writing, reading and speaking English skills;
It is a plus:
• Basic knowledge of PSS product components;
• Good understanding of the automotive development processes;
• German language;
What we offer
• Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
• Flexible working time;
• 4 days per month home office;
• Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
• Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
• Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology;
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
• Attractive Project Management career path;
• Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.