At Flex automotive hardware team, we’re looking to expand our team of specialists working on power electronics solutions with emphasis on High Voltage DC/DC converters, inverters and battery management systems.
Our new colleagues will be working closely with teams from North America, Europe and Asia and will be responsible for creating the next generation hardware for High Voltage DC/DC converters.
Calling all enthusiastic, ambitious & self-motivated hardware engineers!
Do you thrive on new challenges and look forward to joining a young, dynamic team? Apply today and let’s create the extraordinary!
Hardware Development Engineer
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development of the hardware component part of our next generation electrification projects.
Creation of concepts and simulations in development of electronics units in accordance with Flex, customer and regulatory quality standards and work procedures.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Developing high voltage DCDC converter for HEV/BEV/EV
- Understanding switching mode power supplies
- Focused on highest efficiency, highest power density and best EMC performance
- Design and development of digital and analog electronics for control of
high-power electronic systems.
- Experience with high voltage power semiconductor selection (Si/SiC/GaN MOSFET’s, Diodes).
- Participate in cost-reduction initiatives and VA/VE
- Preparing placing proposal for EMI improved PCB design
- Driving improved thermal behavior
- Driving to reach best in class efficiency
- Supporting ISFunctional Safety Management process
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Fundamental knowledge of analog and digital design technics
- Able to understand PCB designs, schematics and layout
- Experience with vehicle diagnostic tools & circuit simulation tools
- Fluent English in written and spoken form
We consider the following experience as a plus:
- Experience with DC/DC converters (4kW and above), experience routing high voltage lines and isolation
- Root-cause analysis experience, particularly with automotive controllers
- Knowledge of automotive Functional Safety requirements (ISO26262)
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Competitive salary package
- International career opportunities
- 25 vacation days per year
- Meal and gift tickets
- Health insurance including dentist services or private pension
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.