Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
Collaborating alongside our production partners, the Big Data Platform team is responsible for the development and support of the analytics platform and tools that operate 24/7.
As the Hadoop Specialist, you’d be joining a worldwide team of diverse individuals all passionate about data. Furthermore, you will be responsible to work with our World Technical Operations team to setup, administer, and support the Hadoop environment within the Big Data realm.
What you’ll do
- Play an active role in the operational aspects of the Hadoop services;
- Gather and map business requirements in order to do capacity planning and resource optimization of the Hadoop environment;
- Implement data transformations, data lineage, metadata management and file handling around the Cloudera and Hadoop platforms;
- Provide input to solutions that span across the Data Warehouse and Big Data platforms;
- Ensure the data is integrated within the Hadoop ecosystem, while working towards the tuning and optimizing the platform through maintenance and support;
- Automate jobs and use tools to define trends and predictive characteristics on cluster behavior;
- Develop and automate reports;
- Share knowledge with other team members to help improve best practices and establish new guidelines around process documentation.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems.
- 3+ years of managing and supporting applications using Hadoop or Hadoop based components.
- Experience working within the Data Warehouse Management domain (nice to have);
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong experience in coding (Java/Scala) and scripting (Pig, HiveQL);
- Strong experience in Linux/Unix O/S;
- Understanding of traditional ETL tools & Data Warehousing architecture;
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Cloudera platform (MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Pig, Hue, Spark, Impala, Flume, etc.);
- Experience as a Hadoop/Big Data specialist in the Business Intelligence and Data management production support space;
- Knowledge on Agile Methodology and the Scrum process;
- Experience in Teradata and other RDBMS is an asset.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people;
- Ability to autonomously lead and implement a requirement from end-to-end;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good written and oral knowledge of English, French is a plus.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.