Service Desk Engineer
* all languages are compulsory
We are part of Hotelbeds, a global provider of travel services in more than 180 countries. Our businesses provide hotel accommodation, transfers, excursions and tours, meetings and events, visa outsourcing and cruise handling services. Its main clients are tour operators, travel agencies and final consumers worldwide.
The Service Desk Engineer will operate on 24x7 shift basis to deliver fast and helpful technical assistance on computer systems and application alarms. You will help to resolve tickets for technical and/or business issues and offer advice to solve them. Most of the support will be remote but there might be an opportunity for travel, on occasions.
The Service Desk Engineer must have good technical knowledge and be an effective communicator both written and verbal English to understand the problem and explain its solution.
The goal is to create value for our employees and clients, drive customer satisfaction and increase first contact and first level fix. Combined, these things will help preserve the company’s reputation and business effectiveness.
- Serve as the first point of contact for our internal and some external customers, seeking technical assistance over the phone, IM chat or email
- This is a 24/7 position which means working also in night shifts, weekends and public holidays based on a predefined schedule
- Act as a primary responder to alerts and real-time events
- Take proactive ownership by responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Ensuring 100% up-time with proactive monitoring
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Engage with the customer and walk them through the problem-solving process
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of technical support or On-Call teams
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Monitor and maintain computer systems, applications and networks
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up with customers and users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- A good working knowledge of Windows, Office365
- Knowledge of user management in Active Directory
- Basic Networking knowledge
- A technical, logical thought process with problem-solving skills
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines whilst demonstrating ability to prioritize and delegate
- Good understanding & eagerness to learn of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Previous experience as a Support Engineer / Technician or similar customer support role in an IT environment is considered a plus
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field is considered a plus
- Conversational level in Spanish is considered a plus
As well as an attractive benefits package you will be able to work:
- Within an innovative, engaging and multicultural environment.
- Have the opportunity to build strong and lasting business relationships and friendships from around the world.
- Have the opportunity in developing your career locally or within one of our beautiful working locations across the globe.
We look forward to your feedback, and definitely want to hear from you if you want to participate in this great project!