Middle (2-5 years)
We are Euler Hermes and we are the world’s leading provider of trade-related credit insurance solutions with more than 100 years of client support and responsiveness to changing business environments. We are backed by Allianz, one of the leading financial services providers worldwide.
The GL Accountant will become part of our team in the EH Romania - Bucharest office and will be in charge of transfer and deliver general accounting (IFRS / BE - GAAP) entries and reporting requirements.
We would be happy to welcome you in our team if you would like to have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare all necessary monthly reconciliations (. suspense accounts, foreign exchange movements) and ensure that all necessary controls are in place
- Prepare feeder systems reconciliation
Complete monthly accounting for areas such as VAT, pensions, brokerage, expenses, fixed assets, salary bookings, SAP batches and other accruals.
- Follow up on all items existing on the assigned GL accounts
- Provide monthly reports to management and preparation of financial statements, correctly and in terms indicated
- Complete all monthly IFRS financial reporting requirements to the Group parent company to required deadlines
- Contribute to year-end audit, give the requested explanations and other external reporting requirements
- Pro-actively make recommendations to improve and develop the controls within, and output of, the financial accounting & reporting team
- Run cost allocation cycle and pro-actively make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Perform and support Group Intercompanies booking and reconciliations
- Analyze and produce ad-hoc reporting
- Support other team members to run processes/ transitions/ harmonization processes
This position has no direct reports.
We will be pleased to welcome you in our team, if you have/are:
- Bachelor degree and/or Masters Degree in the Financial fields
- Fully computer literate, advanced Excel and experience of accounting packages (SAP - mandatory)
- Knowledge about IFRS
- Good knowledge of English
- Accounting experience of 3-5 years or more
- Self-motivated with ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Customer focused and team player
- Extended problem solving skills (analysis, decision, communication, autonomy)
- Dynamic and multinational working environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow - on the job as well as language or professional training
- Open company culture, flexible working hours / possibility of working from home
- A wide range of employee benefits - meal vouchers, gift vouchers, performance bonus, public transportation allowance, extra personal days, premium health insurance, fruit day, discounts on Allianz products, etc.
- Full time permanent contract
- Modern and accessible offices
- Please describe briefly what has motivated you to apply for this role
- What is your availability to start a new job?
- What are your salary expectations (RON netto)?