General ledger Accountant
Middle (2-5 years)
German, English, Swedish
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is one of the world’s largest providers of tax, accounting, and audit information, solutions, and services.
The division delivers solutions that integrate deep local knowledge with leading workflow technology solutions; helping professionals worldwide navigate complex regulations and requirements to ensure compliance with accuracy and efficiency.
With the acquisition of Tagetik in April, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting decided to launch a new global Corporate Performance Solutions Business Unit focused on the Office of the CFO and wanted Tagetik to be a lynch-pin of this new business unit that provide the best Corporate Performance Management solutions on the market.
CCH Tagetik collaborate with finance organizations to optimize multiple business processes including planning, consolidation, reporting, analysis and disclosure management, implementing a full range of Corporate Performance Management processes including more than 2500 applications at more than 1000 customers across various industries.
ver the last several years, CCH Tagetik expanded operations with offices now in more than 25 countries, with a growth rate that is three times the market average and is ranked among the highest level of customer satisfaction in the market every year (according to research by Gartner, Forrester and other industry analyst firms).
The successful candidate will be responsible for accounts payable, bank accounting and General Ledger for European entities.
- Preparing and processing accruals and prepayment.
- Prepare VAT return for EU entities.
- Process bank transaction, prepare reconciliation and Prepare weekly cash forecast.
- Run weekly payments (run payment program, edit and check proposals, monitor payment files).
- Process and reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Ensure revenue reconciliations are maintained on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly reporting pack and Help with preparing Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts in conjunction with Finance and Accounting Management.
- Work with operational teams, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, credit controller and Finance and Accounting Management.
- Preparation of year end pack to allow complete Audit and tax calculations.
- First point of financial contact for operational teams and Finance and Accounting Management team.
- Apply a proactive approach to identify, highlight, investigate and help resolve key financial issues.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations for review by Accounting Manager
- Prepare and input the General Ledger documents (such payroll, monthly depreciation, accruals/prepayments etc.)
- Conduct P&L reviews ensuring costs are recorded in correct cost centres and GL accounts
- Coaching, support and delegation of appropriate tasks to other member of accounting team.
- Ad-hoc reports that might be requested by Accounting Manager and Corporate
Qualifications and Skill Set
- At least a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or equivalent training or experience;
- At least 3 years Finance/Accounting experience;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software, strong MIS skills
- Fluency in English;
- Accurate and process-thinking;
- SAP FI module would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of German, Dutch and Swedish language would be an advantage;
- HFM/ Hyperion would be an advantage;
- Flexible, adaptive and pro-active;
- Capable of taking additional responsibilities to move to the next level;
- Organized, independent, and self-motivated;
- Positive attitude with a good can-do mentality;