General Accounting&Tax Controller
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
- Responsible for tax and statutory accounting and related reporting on behalf of the affiliate.
- Ensures that all accounting and tax related processes in the affiliate work efficiently and in compliance with local requirements and legislation.
- Manages the largest part of GA entries, P2P process, VAT related agenda including preparation of VAT claims and submissions as well as ensures proper corporate income tax treatment.
- Closely cooperates with the Company’s Shared Services Center in Cork and the outsourced P2P service provider (BPO).
- Responsible for all month-end and year-end accounting activities and submissions of required reports.
- Serves as a primary contact for financial internal and external auditors, tax advisors and inspectors.
- Performs computation and submission of VAT claims for the Romanian affiliate together with all other local taxes (WH tax and reporting, income tax, etc.) and is responsible for related settlements.
- Responsible for corporate income tax and all other local taxes of the affiliate.
- Performs local month-end and year-end closing activities and controls.
- Prepares accounts, reports and analyses as required.
- Processes sales invoices for allocation of charges, inter-company billings.
- Executes fixed assets control, reviews and adjusts lease-related postings.
- Processes and books payroll files from 3rd party provider.
- Computes and posts appropriate accruals and reserves.
- Prepares and approves GL account reconciliations.
- Performs accounting and tax audit of P2P processes.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for tax purposes.
- Effectively cooperates with Shared Service Center and the BPO.
- Monitors all legal changes related to accounting and taxes in Romania and implements them into current processes.
- Supports regional controller in any other processes and projects.
- University degree (preferably in finance, accounting or economics);
- 3 years of relevant experience in local tax or accounting department;
- Very good knowledge of Romanian tax regulation related to the income tax and VAT;
- Very good accounting knowledge (Romanian GAAP, US GAAP);
- Previous experience with internal and external audits;
- Experience with SAP;
- Very good knowledge of English and Romanian languages (spoken/ written);
- High-end PC skills (MS Excel);
- Accountability and responsibility;
- Accuracy, detail-orientation;
- Proactive, solution-focused approach;
- Qualified professional with ability to work independently;
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Flexibility / ability to adapt to different situations;
- Ability to work effectively in virtual or project teams;
- Learning agility;
- Strong professional work ethic.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, we are deemed to have your default consent to the processing of personal data by QPAS, pursuant to Regulation (EU