What you will do
The Zombie Gunship Survival team is looking for a Producer to join our ranks! We have a hanger full of fun in the works, and we need your help to stay focused, organised, and to improve our pipelines! The ideal candidate is self-directed and has a strong understanding of the development process, excellent communication skills, and a track record of consistently delivering. You will be expected to own the production pipeline and the team’s output and evolve how we work while releasing on time with high quality. If that sounds like fun to you, and you love raining rockets down on hordes of zombies, we should talk!
- Drive delivery of Zombie Gunship Survival’s client updates by leading development and coordinating work across multiple teams and disciplines;
- Fulfil the role of project manager for your team using task management software and scheduling techniques that are a blend of agile development methods and common game content development methods;
- Partner with a creative lead and a technical lead to maximise the productivity of a game content team and to explore new opportunities in process and workflows;
- Help the team identify and design sustainable solutions that maximise value for our players and improve team efficiency;
- Maintain a high-level lens across multiple teams to ensure consistency and establish best practices to ensure quality results;
- Collaborate with the Head of Product, stakeholders, and partner teams to translate goals into development plans and validate that our schedule aligns with all dependencies;
- Proactively identify gaps and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals in a timely manner;
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture of success;
- Coach and guide the production team toward defining and achieving their career goals;
- Develop and drive long term strategies and improvements for the wider Zombie Gunship Survival team;
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of ‘Production’ at Studio Firefly;
- Help maintain the fun and whimsical team vibe.
Who we think will be a great fit
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – comfortable with ambiguity but driven to create structure and order;
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle;
- Experience building high functioning teams;
- Strong problem solving and prioritisation skills, both for your own work and for the team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and lead multiple complex feature developments with various groups inside and outside of the team;
- At least 2 years of experience as a producer on shipped products;
- Good judgment, good understanding of Live Operations and its core principles;
- Able to give good feedback both on the direction of your team and on the game as a whole.
- Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing f2p games;
- Actively plays Zombie Gunship Survival;
- JIRA and Confluence expertise;
- Experience operating in games as a service
- Experience working with multiple different; disciplines: LiveOps, Art, Sound, Engineering, Design, CM, CS...
- A full-time and permanent position with a competitive salary;
- Comprehensive medical cover with Regina Maria;
- A supportive, challenging and fun working environment;
- Many ways to grow your personality and skills;
- A voice in our team: your contribution to the quality of the game is decisive;
- Coffee, juices, along with fruit to keep you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Our production studio is headquartered in Bucharest and we have another sister studio in Cluj, Romania, housing multiple teams across many disciplines including Marketing, PR, Sales and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Bucharest is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create some of the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us! Studio Firefly and Flaregames have been leading the way developers think about LiveOps for years now — as a leading LiveOps specialist and Mobile publisher, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works within our group what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
We are looking for talented, passionate people to help us grow our production studio in Bucharest. If you are motivated to learn and grow as part of the fast-paced, global mobile games industry, we would very much like to meet you.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.