- Type: Full-time (30-40h/wk)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months with possibility to transition into longer term role
- Compensation: USD$2000/mo (€1800/mo)
- Location: Remote (London)
- Contact: Please send your CV and/or dev portfolio to th
Center Health is building a better future for people with diabetes through Aria, the world’s first fully AI-based diabetes coach — and we need your help to do it! 💪💖 About Center Health 💡
Center Health is a healthcare company dedicated to helping people with diabetes better manage their blood sugar through Aria, the world’s first fully AI based diabetes coach which has already helped thousands lower their blood sugar 2x better than human coaching.
Our system is built around the Center Health app, which is designed to help anyone centralize their data and find trends in their diabetes ✨ The Center Health app also integrates with our Nano and Duo blood sugar meters, FDA-cleared devices which allow patients to test their blood glucose levels straight from their phones! 📱
We're supportive of remote work - in fact our entire team works remotely, spread across the US and Europe!
We’re not your typical medical technology company — we’re a group of people who have all been personally affected by diabetes, either because we have it ourselves or are close to someone who does. We got tired of the lack of innovation in diabetes and decided to start Center Health to bring the best possible products to people with diabetes so that they can focus on living their best lives! 💖
Position Summary 🖥️
We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented software engineer who enjoys crafting exceptional user experiences using web technologies ✨ As an engineer at Center, you’ll be responsible for helping own and shape our entire codebase as the company grows. You’ll work closely with the rest of our product team to implement new experiences for our patients, taking ideas from the whiteboard all the way through production, tracking the results, and iterating to make them better. You'll be working on...
- Features like reminders, medication trackers, and goals
- Center Teams: our collaborative platform for doctors and loved ones
- Front-end components & data viz for Aria, our AI-based diabetes coach
- Patient support tools
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO) A/B tests
Your Skills & Attributes ✨
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them. You organize ideas into plans and then products.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- You’re a cross-disciplinary tinkerer. You’re excited to work across engineering, strategy, operations, and patient support to deliver great products. No task is too big or too small.
- You have a personal understanding of diabetes, or desire to learn. Most importantly, you have a deep and sincere desire to help others.
- You always have user experience in mind when building new features and take a step back to think about how the user might interact with the product.
- You enjoy working in a team and are comfortable deploying your changes to a production environment. You aim to always improve the quality of the codebase, and contribute to processes and practices that the team follows.
Preferred Qualifications 🔥
- Proficient in AngularJS or other MVC/MVVM frameworks (React, Vue, ...)
- Proficient in HTML & CSS (incl. pre-processors like LESS, SASS)
- Proficient in NodeJS, Express, RESTful APIs, websockets
- Experience with responsiveness/mobile design, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with ES6 or TypeScript, asynchronous programming
- A keen interest in optimizing front-end performance
- A keen interest in pixel-perfect UI/UX design
- Experience with Git version control
What's it like to work at Center? 💙
- We place a high value on ideas and independent thinking. We believe that the best products are built with as many perspectives as possible, and encourage all team members to take an active role in the process and share ideas both big and small.
- Communication is incredibly important. Asking questions is encouraged, and clear and meaningful answers are pursued.
- We have a flexible working environment. Apart from attending meetings, we trust our employees to be productive on a schedule that suits them.
- We place a high value on learning and personal growth. Everyone has weekly 1:1s with their managers to discuss how they want to develop and for them to offer feedback on the product and company.
- On a company level, we run blameless RIPs (Really Insightful Postmortems) whenever something goes wrong, and conclude most projects with a retrospective to draw out any lessons on how to improve.
So, what do you say? 😎
With so many patients now counting on Center to help them manage their diabetes tens of thousands of times every day, we need your help to make sure every patient who’s counting on Center gets the quality care and support they deserve! 💖
If you’re interested in joining Center as a Full-Stack Web Developer, please send us your CV and/or a link to your dev portfolio to [th]
We look forward to hearing from you! 🎉
Center Health encourages applications from people of all ages, races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities ❤️