Full Stack Developer (Kafka)
* all languages are compulsory
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a FullStack Developer to become a MassMutual Romania team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual Romania. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual Romania, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a FullStack Developer to join our team.
This role will provide the Java/Kafka design and development leadership for our Romanian development team. You will report to a local manager in Romania and align to our global Distribution/Compensation development teams.
The FullStack Developer will work from our Bucharest / Cluj office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the Wealth Management area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
- Conduct design reviews
- Mentor to others
- Operate independently
- Identify technical innovations
- Responsible for all aspects of application development
- Communicate with global teams in the US and India
- 5 years of Application design/development experience as FullStack Engineer;
- Strong theoretical understanding of Kafka;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in reading, writing, and setting up Kafka topics;
- Proven experience in developing Java applications;
- Working knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Test Automation;
- Demonstrated awareness of Event Driven design and data streaming;
- Fluent with NodeJS, , Angular
- Proven experience in writing RESTful APIs
- Proven experience in developing in a CI/CD environment with test automation
- Experience in building and deploying to AWS (or comparable cloud environments)