Frontend Developer – TouchPoint Architecture
Discover ING Software Development Center
ING Software Development Center is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 250 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
TouchPoint Architecture (TPA)s a client-centred approach to streamlining IT-architecture across all of ING, wherever we are in the world. It supports simplifying and standardizing our banking applications and creating a modularly built system. TPA is a new, flexible architecture that improves customer experience by supporting ‘Customer Journeys’. These journeys are covered by a variety of ‘touchpoints’ over time, through an omni-channel approach. This approach will be a big step toward becoming aext-generation digital bank.
Our hope is to deliverne architecturehroughout all of ING that is free from the constraints and limitations we face today. TPA moves away from a product-centered approach and focuses on customer experience. It puts the customer and their journey at the centre, and it does it in a flexible, standardised away.
· Create innovative front-end applications using advanced web development technologies
· Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what an application can do
· Initiate, iterate and continuous improve on technology, developing the product as well as the way of work
· Develop new user-facing features
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
· Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
· Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
· Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
· Promote usability best practices
· Propose technical solutions and take part in discussions and design planning meetings
What you bring to the team