Freelancer Senior Java Developer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - advanced
We are a recruitment and HR consultancy agency based in Bucharest, Romania. Our client activates in the eCommerce industry, being US-based and with a software development office in Bucharest since 1999. They provide the fundamental technology infrastructure, marketing reach and services to help SMBs and brands leverage the power of the Internet to grow their businesses in the United States. Through their B2B platforms, distribution partnerships, data-centric marketplaces, world-class marketing services and powerful technology, passionate SMB entrepreneurs can reach their full potential.
What are we looking for?
We need to find a full-time collaborator/ contractor/ freelancer for at least 6 months-maybe 1 year, to develop and maintain a company application within the Shopify platform.
- The application will be developed in Java and will use the public API of the company, so we are interested in a senior developer with experience in Shopify or similar applications. Otherwise, we expect good experience in APIs integrations.
- Ideally you have already worked with Spring and Hibernate, but this is not a mandatory requirement. However, you really need to be senior in any kind of Java Enterprise applications.
- We expect you to be a contractor and the only responsible for that application. You need to be capable of initiating the development and managing the entire workload by yourself.
- Advanced English is mandatory.
- Bachelor degree in computer science/ information technology / any technical field.
What about the role?
- Design and build the application in Java, code that is to be tested and maintained. Also, the code will be reviewed by the technical team in Romania and US. They also have their internal QA and performance testing team, so they will give their entire support during the development and testing phases.
- Maintain the application as long as the contract is running and bug fix when necessary.
- If things go well, the company is willing to extend the collaboration with other projects as well, for instance with an application for Bigcommerce.
- If things go very well :), there is a big chance to extend even longer this collaboration. If the contractor is willing to get hired, there might be the opportunity to join the company as full-time employee.
What's in it for you?
- full-time collaboration contract with flexible working hours and good remuneration
- technical and social challenges
- a close cooperation with a great team of skilled colleagues, within a strong company culture
- the real perspective of developing your skills in the eCommerce area, with a long-term collaboration
- work from home/ work from anywhere OR (when possible) work from the company office in AFI Palace Cotroceni mall; they really have a cool workplace, including recreation area and library
Apply today and we will contact you in case your profile meets our expectations. Thank you!