Fixed Access Network Architect
Senior (5-10 years)
Define the technical architecture of the FTTH network, technical standards, processes and project management covering all phases from low level design, to building permit obtaining, infrastructure deployment and handover to operations & maintenance.
- Defines the FTTH network architecture and inputs for HLD.
- Check and validates the HLD and LLD design
- Offers technical support in the tendering evaluation process of FTTH network deployment services and passive components
- Launches the acquisition process for the various phases needed in the FTTH deployment process.
- Assure project management for all FTTH deployment phases (design, materials acquisition, building permit obtaining, deployment, acceptance tests, production & in life management)
- Checks and validates each project milestone.
- Participate to on site acceptance tests
- Be able to issue FTTH network engineering rules and specific rollout documents
- Legislation knowledge needed for deploying a fiber optic network
- Transmission architectures and technologies (GPON, DWDM) – strong knowledge & related certifications
Education and experience
- University degree in telecommunications
- Minimum 5 year experience in engineering and deploying FTTH networks
- Strong command of English language