Financial Analyst with English
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services, and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships.
We offer an integrated portfolio of products, solutions, services, and IP through our Mode 1-2-3 strategy, built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management and Engineering Services, amongst others. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 39 countries, HCL serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
The purpose of the role is to be the key contact for the UK Service Delivery Management team and to provide advice on the financial performance of the contracts and regions.
The UK MDS business has approximately 500 contracts offering a diverse range of Managed Print Services to a wide variety of different customers in various geographies and markets.
The role will be responsible for understanding the business hydraulics, trends, impacts and providing support to the sales and service delivery teams to ensure we maximize our financial performance, whilst complying with our contracted obligations.
Key tasks include completing monthly financial validations on account P&L’s, driving improvements in profit generation, ensuring contractual obligations are met and liaising with many teams across the company.
- Analyse and interrogate financial data and provide insight into key trends and make recommendations to the business for improvements / actively resolve issues.
- Review contract level performance and understand reasons for low margin and red contracts, drive changes to improve.
- Support sales in new and renewal deal pursuits
- Ensure P&L’s are accurate and propose journal amendments where the entries are required
- Ensure notifications for price increases are timely & accurate and reflected in the invoicing
- Review contracts and ensure billing is correct and we are meeting contractual obligations
- Work across various areas of the business to resolve issues or drive improvements in our performance
- Use financial data to understand any risks or opportunities to the business, then ensure risks are mitigated and opportunities realised.
- Personable and trustworthy communicator at all business levels.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to create good working relationships with other employees
- Experience working with Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- Ability to manipulate data and present as Business Information
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills – including English to a fluent level
- Able to communicate effectively with internal Customers in English
- Ability to work across a variety of departments and functions to achieve objectives
- Must be willing to commit to international travel on occasionProcess improvement skills and an understanding of business processes
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access, Outlook
- Good attention to detail