Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
English - Advanced
Finance Analyst. Oracle for Startups
An exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of tech talent.
Oracle for Startups serves startups at scale to drive Oracle Gen 2 Cloud usage by providing the most robust and value-priced cloud in the industry. We engage with startups of all sizes and stages, provide value, and for select startups, an opportunity to grow through their relationship with Oracle. Our startups are provided with best in class mentors, experts in the industry, and access to enterprise customers to develop their businesses.
At the heart of this sits our Global Operations team which works closely with cross-functional stakeholders to support many critical aspects of the Oracle for Startups program. The Global Operations team relies heavily on our financial planning and reporting capabilities, which support the smooth running of the program with our startups, suppliers and partners.
Your primary objectives and responsibilities will be:
Financial planning/management (40%):
- Supporting the team with all finance related activities, including forecasting, actuals tracking, budget reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Optimizing finance processes and developing best practice, frameworks, and structures to support efficiency of Oracle for Startups program.
- Developing annual budget forecasts with team members to support financial planning.
- Collaborating with other team members and internal Oracle finance functions to help support the smooth running of the program.
Financial reporting & performance tracking (40%):
- Creating frameworks and structures for accurate forecast and budget tracking.
- Liaising with team members to support with financial reporting, obtain required information and communicate finance updates.
- Maintaining accurate tracking of accounts payable information and team expenditures.
- Preparing monthly financial reports for Finance Business Partners and senior stakeholders.
- Designing and maintaining dynamic dashboards and real-time data visualisations to report on key financial metrics.
- Creating action plans with other teams or team members where required.
- Evaluating financial performance, by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Analyzing past results, including variance and trend analyses to make recommendations for improvements.
- Conducting cost-benefit analyses for individual initiatives to guide decision-making.
Procurement support (20%):
- Supporting the team with procurement related activities, including processing purchase order requests, supplier onboarding/management and invoice reconciliation.
- Liaising directly with suppliers to obtain required information and communicate procurement updates in addition to supporting new supplier on-boarding.
- Optimizing procurement processes and developing best practice, frameworks, and structures to support efficiency of Oracle for Startups program.
- Supporting team members to resolve procurement issues by working with internal teams.
Core skills and experience required
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a finance-related role.
- Strong understanding of core financial principles.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and an ability to articulate issues related to finance to different levels of the organisation, including senior management.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and financial/quantitative data analysis.
- Proven experience in developing dashboards, data visualisation and reporting.
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite or comparable finance systems (experience of Oracle Procurement or equivalent system is desirable).
- Understanding of supplier onboarding/management processes.
- Attention to detail and ability to synthesize information concisely.
- Demonstrates proactivity and comfort with working in an often-ambiguous environment.
- Bias towards action, team player, and problem-solver.
- Good command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels of the organization, and externally.
- Ability to work across UK and US time-zones with cross-functional teams.
Who are you?
- You will have a positive and creative attitude to solving problems and have the ability to think outside the box and ask questions to help improve the way we operate and report on our finances.
- You are able to manage your time efficiently and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are open minded and eager to learn and build new skills.
- You will be execution focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- You are detail orientated with an understanding that the little things matter.
- You are flexible and comfortable to adjust, shape and change as the program evolves.
What’s important to us:
- Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
- Resist Passivity: We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
- Always Be Scrappy: Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
- Cloud Adoption Centric: When we evaluate our activities, initiatives and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
- Metrics Driven: When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
- Planetary Scale: The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
This is an opportunity to join a team in an exciting area of a well-established software giant and have a significant impact from day one.