Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
Job Summary & Role:
Provides first line people management, with responsibility for the team operational activities across a set of EMEA countries; undertakes daily resource allocation and planning for the team, monitoring performance and ensuring compliance to the Company’s policies and procedures.
This role is a key link between the local site and the Business Units.
- Monitors on a daily basis the team’s performance, ensures direct reports meet their individual objectives and perform to established standards. When needed, takes timely actions to coach, develop, and train direct reports in order to be able to fulfill their daily responsibilities to reach the job requirements and needed competencies;
- Organizes and distributes people at the work places, allocates other resources (. computers, software, desktops, headsets, etc.) and monitors daily activities of the team as planned and scheduled, evaluates and reports status of objective achievement and team results, takes corrective actions within departmental guidelines when needed;
- Participates in the hiring and orientation at work processes;
- Participates in internal and cross functional projects;
- Contributes to the professional development of the team members, involving them in the necessary activities, training and offering the specific support;
- Should ensure the team members are highly qualified, motivated and efficiently communicate with the other teams;
- Evaluates the team members’ performance and makes the appropriate recommendations according to the departmental appraisal standards;
- Is proactive, contributes with ideas in order to improve the team activities and performance;
- Fulfills periodical / ad-hoc reports for the management team and / or other internal stakeholders based on the requests received;
- Acts as first escalation level, following company policy, when escalations are received from staff;
- Communicates the Company’s goals & objectives into manageable tasks for the team and ensures full understanding among team members;
- Is responsible to ensure the quality standards at the team level are met;
- Replicates best practices across countries within the team and ensures that process documentation is continuously updated;
- Ensures adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley & other guidelines, and supports internal & external audits;
- Builds & maintains long-term relationships with customers & key stakeholders;
- Creates and implements tactics for his team(s) in alignment with the department strategy;
- Overviews processes, advice, adjusts and implements process streamlining and/or change within business process management to better harmonize resources to the benefit of the organization. Responds to business needs by continuously using, maintaining and improving tools and systems specific to business area.
Reports & Performance Metrics:
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly metrics on team performance;
- Proactively investigate the cause of any poor performance and work with the local team and the Finance team to resolve the cause;
- Update all checklists and controls to prevent recurring problems where possible.
- People Management:
- Recruit new members of the team on a timely basis if anybody resigns, ensure there is always an optimal capacity and holidays are not taken at critical times of the month;
- At the beginning of each month issue a task list to show which team member is covering which activity; ensure flexibility should this need to change;
- Support any team member who are struggling so that all tasks are achieved on time and all performance metrics achieved;
- Ensure professionalism within the team.
- Career development – Talent Management
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Leadership experience
- Finance background or relevant exposure to FP&A processes for more than 3 years
- Communication and influencing
- Time Management – strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solving
- Flexible and supportive team member
- Results oriented
- Well organized
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have experience in a target/deadline/fixed objective driven environment
- Oracle Financial Tools experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Able to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and propose and implement relevant changes
Join us to #workhappy !