Finance & Tax Junior Manager
Middle (2-5 years)
English - Advanced
, Romanian - Advanced
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
This role covers responsibilities for both Planning and Reporting and Tax area and SPOC activities for GBS Europe. In the planning and reporting process the job holder provides support to the Planning & Reporting Manager during the Monthly / Yearly Reporting both from statutory and group perspective. As Single Point of Contact for GBS Europe the job holder acts as interface between GBS Europe (“end market”) and its partners (. different suppliers if the case).
Month end /Year end closure and statutory reporting:
- Support in month end closure activities for GBS Europe, by leading month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations, journal entries and analysis. Ensure the accuracy of the financial data posted.
- Support in Group and Local reporting activities. Produce reliable and accurate financial statements reconciled based on IFRS and local accounting system, by ensuring the reported data are in line with local and group requirements and accounting standards.
- Prepare monthly tax returns to be submitted to the tax authorities (mainly VAT returns on a monthly basis, Corporate Income Tax returns quarterly, WHT return annually, Financial Statements for half year and year end).
- Ensure timely filing of statistical returns and other business-related filings.
- Keep up to date with economic and legislative changes to assess impact in financial reporting;
- Provide support to the other departments with SAP workflow / FI invoice related queries
- Ensuring timely processing of invoices without purchase order and follow up for approval
- Supporting purchase order requisitioners with accounting details (cost centre, GL account and tax code)
- Initiate advance payments in SAP, as required
- Ensure proper creation and disposal of assets and maintaining supporting documentation
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership and provide support and advice to other departments.
- Provide support during the statutory audit of GBS Europe (discussions with the audit team in order to provide requested information);
- Involvement in interactions with fiscal authorities and local state bodies on behalf of GBS Europe;
- Assure the compliance with the standard processes in BAT;
- Ensure all Sox control are performed on a regular basis in line with control frequency requirements and enough evidence is retained;
- Ensure and develop a good relationship with the team in order to share knowledge, analyse report data, offer and improve good professional services, understand and apply fiscal legislation and IFRS.
- Understands and communicates the impact of accounting issues on non-finance departments
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar position; certified financial qualification (ACCA/CIMA) is a plus
- Good knowledge of Management Accounting techniques in relation to Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Good knowledge of Romania’s Accounting Law and Tax Law, and good understanding of IFRS accounting standards;
- Excellent spreadsheet & computer skills;
- Good analytical and numerical skills;
- Proficient in SAP software;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Good communication skills both verbal and written