Finance assistant– import/ export activities
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
English - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
We are an international, Germany-based, non-food retail company, with over 100 stores in Romania. For completing our logistics team in Bucharest, we are looking for:
Finance assistant– import / export activities
As a Finance assistant you will be accountable for ensuring timely and detailed support for the Company’s wholesale transactions (including exports), including timely and proper documentation, review and archiving for compliance with local and international law requirements.
In your line of duty you will be required to visit various locations both within the company and outside (State Authorities, business partners, other offices so), mainly locally but also long distances on occasion.
You will be expected to set and maintain proper working relationships with colleagues and external business partners, and become key point of contact in your area of expertise, maintaining an in depth understanding of the legal requirements, facilities and potential risks applicable to the Company’s wholesale transactions.
- Ensuring proper and timely documentation, including the necessary authorisations and approvals for each relevant transaction.
- Ensuring correct and complete records both in the computer system and in the documentation Archives;
- Management of the flow of accounting documents (internal and external), in support of the operational processes, and in accordance with the relevant legal requirements;
- Ensuring timely and accurately, the collection, management, indexation, and archiving of the registers and supporting documents for the relevant activities;
- Tracking of relationships with suppliers, clients, customs and carriers;
- Communicate and maintain contact with relevant commercial partners in order to ensure the deliveries are on time;
- Solving/coordinating the resolution of any problems related to the documentation of goods received and delivered;
- Works in close collaboration with all the departments (logistics, purchasing, warehouse, transport, etc.) and other commercial partners;
- Periodic and/or ad hoc reports issued to management and/or various stakeholders in the company/Group;
- Participate in projects and reports development in the logistic areas.
Experience and qualifications
- Higher education;
- Experience with logistics and customs documentation;
- Good experience in creating/organizing and archiving documents;
- English knowledge – fluent; Knowledge of German is considered an advantage;
- Advanced PC Operating Skills (MS Office, advanced Excel level);
- Good understanding of logistics and transport processes;
- Knowledge of warehouse management is considered a plus.
- Positive and curious
- Team player with great communication skills;
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Reliable and detail oriented
- Ability to work with deadlines and under stress;
- Attractive salary package
- Young and dynamic international working environment;
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Safe workplace
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, we are looking forward to your application.