Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
, Romanian - Native
* all languages are compulsory
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Monthly net salary
3500 - 4000
Our client is MANX Telecom, the state Telecommunications Infrastructure company for the Isle of Man. With the recent announcement of their National Broadband Plan, The Isle of Man has begun an ambitious infrastructure plan for the island. Investing £50m, the plan is to deliver fibre to 99% of properties on the Island, passing over homes. This project is scheduled to take up to 4 years to complete with a post-build maintenance plan then being created. Sparktel is now looking to hire a Field Operations Manager to manage a number of European field technicians such as cabling technicians and splicers.
*This is a direct and permanent role with MANX Telecom and Sparktel will provide full onboarding and relocation support to the successful candidate!
The Utilities Field Manager will allocate and manage the workload for crews who are working on the telecoms network across the Isle of Man. Crews will include cabling and splicing teams.
What you will be responsible for?
- Management and development of direct and some indirect field crews.
- Allocation of workloads to crews as per job packs etc
- Reaching targeted programme of works and key milestones.
- Ensuring designs correspond with in-field survey information to ensure correct field activity.
- Resolving escalated in-field challenges
- Monitoring and driving quality across the cabling, splicing teams.
- Leading unit adherence to Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Managing unit budgets and commercial performance of the team by management of costs and driving efficient productivity.
- Management of bill of materials and quantities as well as plant, equipment, and consumables.
- Reporting operational, quality, and commercial performance to the senior management team.
- Building and managing positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders such as regulatory bodies, suppliers, public, employees, and senior management.
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
- 5+ Years of industry experience.
- Relevant Irish or UK training certs.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Working knowledge of Telecommunications Infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate effectively and command respect.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Commercially focused professional with the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator and able to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as the local authorities, and members of the public.
- Full, clean driving license.
What's on Offer?
- ££50,000 per year.
- 10%-15% bonus structure
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays.
- Company Car.
- Pension Scheme.
- Life assurance
- 12 weeks accommodation paid for plus 2 weeks of quarantine so 14 weeks
- Very low-income tax rate (15%-18%)
- The Isle of Man is currently experiencing mild levels of covid restrictions due to their exceptional handling of the situation.
- Have you managed telecoms teams?
- When can you relocate?
- What is your level of English?
- Do you have a full driving licence?
- Have you worked on FTTx projects before or currently?