Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
As an Exadata Cloud Specialist within the EMEA Technology Engineering HUB (Tech Hub), your goal is to support Oracle customers in EMEA in activities such as:
- Developing proof of concepts/custom demos and supporting customers in shifting their enterprise workloads to the Oracle Cloud
- Responding to tenders by providing commercially savvy answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
- Running Worshops to advise customers and partners on how to best use Oracle products
- Researching and learning Emerging Technology and Processes
A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases and Oracle’s cloud strategy. This is done through self-study, online training, and classroom trainings depending on the topic.
In Oracle Tech Hub we believe it’s very important that the candidate has the characteristics to easily develop the right mindset for the job. This would mean that you feel responsible for making sure that the customer embraces the benefits of our solutions, based on your understanding of the real business needs of that customer. For the Tech Hub, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
The JOB PROFILE:
To fulfill the role of an Exadata Cloud Specialist, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
- Extensive experience in System Administration/ Application Administration / Database Administration of Exadata environments
- Good understanding of the following areas:
- Oracle Database Administration
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Exadata Cloud Service experience is a strong plus
- Experience with either Real Application Clusters (RAC), Active Data Guard (ADG), Clusterware/Grid, Diagnostics and Tuning, Enterprise Manager
- Experience with Oracle SQL
- Experience in Database Consolidation is a strong plus
- Experience with E-Business Suite, JD Edwards or Siebel Applications is a strong plus
- Good understanding of Oracle Database Options is a strong plus
- Networking knowledge
- Experience managing Unix-like operating Systems. Linux & shell scripting experience is a strong plus.
- Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Experience is a strong plus
- Competitive knowledge on cloud products and offerings is desired
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Proactive approach to the job working with virtual teams and interacting with people across the organization
- Excellent presentation skills with a creative approach
- Openness to work with different regions & cultures (you will support most of the countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa)
- Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self-motivated , quickly adapting to change, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
It’s important you have the eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be.