Environmental Health and Safety Advisor
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
English - advanced
Gross approximate salary / month in euro
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Contribute to and be part of the Group HS&E department, with specific focus on the day to day operations of HSE in Romania and providing technical support with links into wider European and Global geographies.
- Support the Group Head of HS&E via the line manager in strategy development and roll out.
- Support in country teams with advice and guidance and some hands on delivery for HS&E.
- Establish working relationships with the wider European and Global safety and environmental team (multicultural organisation).
- Work with line manager in formulating appropriate HSE improvement plans that will minimise risks identified in the risk assessments;
- Ensure that HSE incidents are properly investigated & recorded and actions closed;
- Assist with the investigation of more serious incidents where required;
- Contribute to the HSE communication/culture change programme;
- Occasional opportunities for travel.
- Delivery of set objectives relating to Colt Romania, including creation and maintenance of country improvement plans as necessary.
- Undertake inspections and audits of Romanian site to verify compliance.
- Keep in permanent contact with local competent authorities.
- Conduct audit preparation work ahead of ISEnvironmental) audits and any other HSE local activities and projects as may be required.
- Following up on audit actions to ensure tracking and completion.
- Responsible for local waste management (office building).
- Communicate with different departments within Romanian office to ensure compliance with local HSE legislation;
- Supervising that the first aiders & fire warden are trained;
- Close collaboration with the external H&S consultant to organize H&S and Fire Prevention communications.
- Sending quarterly EHS communications and supervising the completion of e-learning modules released by HSE Group as a part of required HSE training;
- Work closely with team members to deliver against Group and local HSE goals.
Skills & Experience
- A 2-3 years’ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position.
- Experience dealing with different levels of hierarchy and knowledge.
- Be computer literate, confident user of office including Excel (formulas), Word (formatting, hyperlinks and bookmarks), Acrobat writer (.pdf).
- Professional etiquette and ethical behaviour.
Preferable but not essential
- Experience within a multi-site business operating a matrix management structure.
- Experience dealing with people from multiple geographies, with differing cultures and management styles.
- Comfortable talking to different groups from different cultures and backgrounds, interacting with local authorities, new comers, visitors etc.
- Possess at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Waste Responsible training course according to Lawn waste management.
- Occupational Health and Safety Inspector – minimum 80 h according to Lawn health and safety of employees at work.
- Auditor or auditing experience of ISO14001 and/or BS OHSASIS
- Confident knowledge of Romanian HS&E legislation, with understanding of European legislation.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken. Technical writing is needed.
Preferable but not essential
- A Degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental sciences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.