Engineer Internet of Things 2nd Line Operations
Middle (2-5 years)
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join Us, Grow with us!
Your day to day:
Provide the maintenance of the informational systems for IoT Vodafone customers.
Ensure high availability and optimal performance of customers’ infrastructure and all IT and Telecom services for which support is provided.
Constantly improve and optimize working methods already in place.
Adjust and contribute to the improvement of hardware and software solutions based on customer’s requests, by offering a cost-efficient delivery of high quality services.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Deliver technical support for network applications and systems (2nd Line support).
- Carry out troubleshooting activities in order to maintain the hardware and software systems in a properly functional state, by using available tools.
- Analyze the impact, propose, revise and administer the implementation of the technical solution related to the basic functionality of the software, thus leading to the solving of incidents and advanced technical issues while at the same time improving the customer’s experience.
- Provide high end technical support and solve the incidents that may appear in functionality of hardware and software systems.
- Be prepared to work on-call, outside of regular working hours.
- Provide 24h/24h technical support, collect information from the customer and/or monitoring systems and solve the incidents that may appear in functionality of hardware and software systems.
- Ensure the coordination of incidents and major escalations, both internal and external.
- Provide the client with technical information regarding the events and alarms affecting the services, by using the agreed upon means of communication.
- Collaborate with other technical teams in order to solve complex incidents by transmitting the information gathered from customers and/or performance-monitoring systems to said teams with the purpose of changing and adapting the hardware and software solutions for an improved customer experience.
- Work in compliance with the operational agreements and fulfil the key performance indicators of the service (speed, response time, error rate).
- Analyze the information collected from customers and/or performance monitoring systems, propose solutions and transmit the results/recommendations to other technical teams in order to modify and adapt software solutions for dedicated equipment. The final outcome is reflected in the resolving of complex technical incidents (including software bugs), ensuring an improved customer experience.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
Nice to have:
- Experience in a multinational environment
- Cisco Certification CCNA (Routing & Switching)
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology and experience in Incident/Problem Change Management
- Communication Skills
Sounds like the perfect job? We have more to offer:
- Work from home – You can have home office 2 days per week
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you
The future is exciting.