Engineer for Simulation, Models & Progress Section
Middle (2-5 years), Entry (0-2 years)
Gross approximate salary / month in euro
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
1. Career Definition.
ArcelorMittal is a world class leader in the steel and mining industry and, the industrial automation technology plays a key role in the company’s business.
We are looking for engineers with bachelor degree, Master Degree and PhD to be a part of a strong and collaborative team in the automation department. The main team role is to sustain and to develop industrial process control systems and mathematical models. It is also the team’s role to deploy new automation technologies and concepts.
2. Job Characteristics.
To work in the steel industry in the Automation Department.
- To work with control systems and mathematical modelling.
The main responsibilities are:
- To ensure and to improve the existing industrial process mathematical models and control systems.
- To develop and to deploy new control systems and mathematical models,
- To introduce new industrial automation technologies.
- Other responsibilities are:
- To work with external companies.
- To work with other ArcelorMittal sites.
- To work with the universities.
- To work with the ArcelorMittal Research and Development centers (AM R&D).
3. Main Required Technical Skills
- Understanding of computer programming and software development.
- Understanding of mathematical modeling and its applications.
- Understanding of simulation using tools like Matlab.
- To be able to enter and to understand mathematical process models developed by others.
- To have experience in the steel industry or similar processes.
- Understanding of control systems.
- Knowledge in programming languages like C, C#, C++,Maple, R.
- Knowledge in PLC or control system programming.
5. Required Soft Skills
- To be proactive and team worker.
- Creative thinking.
- To work hard at communication: up, down, laterally and to different audiences.
- To work at writing things down.
- To develop and to demonstrate the technical competence in the roles and in the responsibilities and not superficial work but deep competence.
- To do other activities that widen the personal network, internally in AMG and externally
- To seek to broaden the technical base and the process knowledge.
- To deliver the commitments and to be an over deliver.
6. Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degrees, Master Degree or PhD in electrical & automation engineering or material science or mathematics or physics or chemical engineering or mechanical engineering,