Engineer 2nd Line Operations Packet Core
Middle (2-5 years), Entry (0-2 years)
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board!We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
Your day to day:
- 2nd Line Operations of Packet Switch Network in a multi-vendor environment.
- Preventive and corrective second level troubleshooting ensuring quality and continuity of service and the restoring time for Packet Switch Network elements.
- In collaboration with 1st Line Operations teams, work out procedures related to the analysis of alarms in order to detect and eliminate faults. Perform data configuration, software rollout and support integration activities with planning and delivery functions.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Drive root causes analysis to identify corrective actions, including vendor support escalation, in order to achieve service and performance levelsrestoration
- Perform proactive maintenance activities to prevent incidents and constantly optimize the network
- Solve network related Customer Complaints within SLA(Tracing and debugging on various equipmentof Packet Core Networks (SGSN, GGSN, PCRF, DNS,etc)
- Ability to manage incidents actions & resolution for critical cases ( identify ,analyze, coordinate all problematic points);
- Knowledge sharing in order to increase technical skills of other teams involved in deployment and operations activities in the network
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Detailed understanding of PS core protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, GTP, Radius, Diameter, SIGTRAN, RANAP, GMM, Diameter)
- Packet Switch network analysis and trouble shooting, problem and change management
- Good knowledge of a mobile network architecture (2G, 3G, LTE) with experience in main vendors technologies (Ericsson, Cisco)
- Hands on experience on Packet Core elements (GGSN, SGSN, MME, S/PGW, PCRF)
- Volte experience
- Team workingoriented
- English language (spoken and written)
- University degree: faculty of Electronics , Telecommunications and Information Technology
- 1-2 years of experience in Telecommunication on similar position.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Homendash; You can have home office 1 day per week
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Educationndash; we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work withried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
- Flexible Vacationndash; Take time off when you need it, we trust you