Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Come and join our team of dedicated professionals!
We are looking for skilled and responsible individuals with excellent understanding (spoken and written) of English and French to join our team of Emergency 911 Operators.
Emergency 911 Operators are the first point of contact when Iristel customers (Canadian) dial 911. They perform a variety of duties, the main one being to respond to emergency calls, gather details regarding the emergency type and location in order to transfer the call to the appropriate unit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & French (advanced English level and medium to advanced French is a must)
• Knowledge of Windows-based applications
• Cognitive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, sound judgment and decision making
• Stress tolerance: Reacts quickly, logically, efficiently, and calmly in emergency situations
• Ability to quickly and accurately analyze and interpret information provided by the public (people who may be experiencing highly emotional or hazardous situations), and make instant assessments of the situations
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Commitment to teamwork: willingness to work with others in achieving departmental goals
• Remain flexible and adaptable in an ever changing work environment
• Willingness to work in shifts (we operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
• Assist callers in need of 911 emergency assistance
• Gather all of the necessary information (location, emergency type and other details that may be relevant for the situation)
• Contact local dispatch and transfer the caller
• Oversee the communication process making sure that the caller’s need has been addressed
• Attractive compensation package (competitive salary and medical benefits with family coverage)
• Paid training – APCO certification
• Flexible working hours (night shifts included)
• Free transportation at night
• Many opportunities to grow within Iristel
Iristel is Canada’s largest and fastest growing carrier providing innovative communication services that are changing how consumers and businesses communicate. Founded in, Toronto-based Iristel operates Canada’s largest facilities-based local voice network extending Coast-to-Coast-to-Coast as well as Ice Wireless, a GSM carrier with operations in Canada's Far North.
Iristel’s success is based on our vision, experience and expertise. Iristel has evolved from a small start-up to an international telecommunications service provider and today we are an industry leader setting the course for tomorrow’s new and exciting wireless IP services.
If the above offer has raised your interest, please submit your resume in English or French.
We look forward to a great addition to our Iristel team!