Embedded Test SW developer for VNI CE TSR
Do you want to be part of the team that builds the cars of the future? If the answer is yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
Main challenge: crafting test software that enables hardware testing and manipulation of a wide range of peripherals (GPIO, Communication, stepper motors, illumination, graphic engine, memory testing, sound, security modules, lifecycle peripherals)
Main tasks for an Embedded Test SW developer are:
- Extending an embedded minimal operating system with device drivers for external components and software to ensure that the devices can be tested in production environment Development of our SW in an Agile team + SAFe framework;
- Following the full SW development process (requirements / design / coding / testing / documentation);
- Supporting users of the “Test SW” (HW team, Prototype Lab, Production);
- Optimizing any “Test SW”-related content “multi-project” or “generic” approach;
- Configuration of the “Test SW” depending on usage context;
- Low level driver development.
- analyze and understand requirements coming from stakeholders;
- implement, integrate and validate software components (generic SW, drivers or other third parties SW);
- development should be compliant with Continental SW development process including activities like software design, requirement, implementation, modules specification and test, documentation, reviews and test reports;
- you will be responsible for delivering “End of Line” systems with requested feature update by our internal clients;
- be an active member of an agile development team (SAFe organization, SCRUM).
A mentor will support you to step wise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University Degree (Electronics, Computer science or equivalent);
- Advanced embedded C programming, C Coding Guidelines (MISRA standards), good understanding of Micro-controller & Hardware Basics;
- Experience in development of components for embedded system (SDLC-SW development life cycle, Agile development process, Continuous Integration/testing;)
- Good knowledge in areas: System Architecture, Low Level Drivers, Generic Software
- Technology: CAN, SPI, Ethernet, micro-controllers;
- Programming areas: communication stack/protocol, real time systems, SW components integration; low level drivers; hardware abstraction;
- Operating with catalogs / datasheets / user manuals
- Operating with physical measurement devices: oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer
- Specific tools: flashing tools, diagnosis tools, Scripting (batch, Python, Perl, etc), Jenkins, DOORS, Rhapsody, PlantUML;
- Configuration/Change Management Tools (Jira / Git);
- Good Debugging and Problem-Solving Skills;
- Good Understanding of Scrum/Kanban Methodology;
- Ability to Learn Quickly & Good Communication Skill;
- Advanced English writing and speaking skills.
What we offer:
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, . hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.