Email&Cloud Support Engineer
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - Advanced
How about working on great technology, supporting large Email Hosting Providers bring their services to market and feeling comfortable and positive at the same time? Join a handful of passionate people who love working together for a complex but rewarding mission: Create great technology, made in Romania and used all around the world.
As an Email Systems Support Engineer, you will:
- handle from the office or from your home incoming customer requests related to our products (Axigen Email Server and AddOns)
- assist our customers with their Self Hosted or Axigen Managed Email Systems based on Axigen
- investigate and solve functional problems
- understand and assimilate new products & technologies
- configure and deploy Axigen Email Server and 3rd party products or AddOns
- develop monitoring & configuration scripts
- deal with customer technical requests & requirements
- present and sustain technical solutions to the customer
- collaborate with the software and testing teams to ensure efficient bug fixing
- believe you are passionate about software and IT – because we are
- like helping people solve their problems, whatever the channel: email or voice
- are a good communicator and have a “can do” problem solving attitude
- feel confident on your IT technologies exposure up to date, including the understanding of various operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows)
- possess a solid knowledge of networking, TCP/IP protocols and services
- have an understanding of the Email protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP3) and collateral DNS related (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, DNSBLs, etc)
- have a long friendship with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- really do read&write, understand and speak English. You will need it.
It would be even nicer if you:
- have good understanding and experience with kubernetes, docker or containers ecosystem in general.
- have a good idea about web technologies
- are not a complete stranger of Windows OS inner works
- are yourself a heavy user of email and collaboration features (Calendar, Contacts, etc)
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of the evolution of one of the few “Made in Romania” software apps. The Axigen Mail Server is used by customers worldwide for more than 14 years
- A pleasant and friendly work environment, with now no more than 25 people, in which expertise is shared openly and where everybody strives for knowledge and self-improvement
- Attractive remuneration package, lunch discount tickets, Happy Friday Cookies
- Private health insurance and performance bonuses
- A flexible program ensuring a fair work/life balance. And yes, overtime is rewarded
- Limited transportation hassle: we’re 3 min walking from the subway station - quite a central one
Founded as GECAD Technologies in 2001 the company became Axigen Messaging in 2012. Separated from the GECAD Group by 2014 the company with 100% Romanian ownership focuses ever since on the development & distribution of innovative messaging solutions.
Since its first release in 2005 Axigen was continuously improved and extended, with the next major version being expected in 2020. The software is currently supported on both Windows and most used Linux flavors (RPM distributions, Debian).
Axigen’s customer base is extremely diverse, covering from telcos, ISPs, private companies, and banks to academic and government institutions worldwide.