Do you want to change the world?
Do you crave working hard with a small, mission-driven, world-class team changing the vision of school?
If your passion is to fuel the love of learning in others while advancing your own personal and professional growth, this is your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the world’s most innovative schools.
We are seeking a part time Asisstant Guide to work with our elementary school (5-11yo) students. Our Guide has the opportunity to grow quickly and steadily into a full time Guide and ultimately open his or her own Acton Academy or take on a leadership role on our campus.
We are looking for a smart, entrepreneurial individual who is passionate about guiding young people on their independent journey of lifelong learning, and who possesses an understanding of alternative educational philosophies. The asisstant Guide will support our younger learners in advancing in their communication skills in English and will learn how to work with the Acton Academy learning design, processes and systems. Our Guide’s role will be to equip our learners to explore and take ownership of their learning, monitor progress on curriculum, and create life-oriented projects that nurture curiosity.
The ideal candidate would have:
- excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills in ENGLISH;
- experience managing mixed aged groups of young people;
- experience planning and implementing games or projects;
- experience with coaching or mentoring and systematizing processes a plus;
- a passion for disruptive education opportunities;
- deeply curious and ready to learn and work hard;
- agile with online learning;
- entrepreneurial thinker; reader;
- deep heart for young people and a trust and respect for their ability to learn and grow without heavy adult intervention;
- kind-hearted and tough-minded; independent worker; calm demeanor