SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER – E BUSINES SUITE FINANCIALS
The position is for a Technical Support Professional with a functional background in Financials. Reports to an Oracle Customer Support Manager. Candidates should have a good understanding of Oracle EBS or other ERP Financial Software knowledge.
Experience in the accounting lifecycle with knowledge of common enterprise structures setup, journal processing, financial reporting, interfaces, period close processes and activities and Financial Reporting Workspace are highly desired. Support or consulting experience with Oracle Financials or other ERP Financial solution is preferred.
Responsible for providing excellence in customer service support, track-incidence, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution of complicated and critical cases. The focus of this position is to provide Customer Service on a technical and functional level and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution of each service incident.
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of ERP product(s), specifically Financials
• EBS Financials experience preferred; EBS General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets experience are helpful but working knowledge of EBS Accounts Payable is desired and experience with Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, or other ERP Financial Solutions is a plus
• Functional/Technical background in assigned product area (. Financials) and exposure to associated systems and software
• Technical skills in any of the following are desirable: RDBMS, SQL, PL SQL, XML, Java, J2EE and Oracle ADF, SOA and Web Services
• Understanding of structured SQL statements and how they are executed in the RDBMS (SQL/ PLSQL) helpful
• Ability to read and decipher software Log and Trace files, Web Server Optimization, Server configuration as well as the ability to act upon the finding to determine a problem