We are looking for a new enthusiastic senior colleague to join the leadership team of the new Enterprise Data Management & Analytics Office (EDM&AO) ICT division inside Orange Romania.
The EDM&AO organization has taken on the vital mission of empowering our people all across the company with decision-making and sustainable value creation integrated solutions, just in time and co-designed fit for purpose, leveraging the power of data & AI/analytics, enabling them to reach their full potential, breaking down silos and driving the company’s data centric transformation.
EDM&AO organization is thus positioning itself as the leading agile business partner and company data-driven transformation champion, delivering consistent, timely and fit end-to-end solutions to its internal and external customers. EDM&AO ecosystem comprises:
- Enterprise Data Mission, Vision, Strategy and Architecture
- Operational and management reporting solutions, Business Intelligence and Descriptive Analytics tools and solutions
- E2E data Infrastructure engineering across enterprise Data Warehouse(s), Big Data Lake, Operational Data Stores
- Real-Time and non-Real Time Advanced Analytics, AI/ML Data Science and Engineering, predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analytics solutions
- Intelligent Process Automation, RPA, BPMN and other automation solutions
- Key operational information systems (BSS) like ERP and other financial applications, HRMIS – . HCM, ATS, etc., Supply Chain apps, chatbots, etc.
- Data Management solutions, including Data Governance, Dictionaries & Business Glossary; Reference, Metadata and Master Data Management, Data Quality
Below requirements describe an ideal role/mix, however we strongly value the person before us and his/her unique set of skills!
1. Main activities and responsibilities of the IT Solutions Architect
The IT Solutions Architect will be responsible for overseeing end-to-end all architecture-related aspects of all software applications, systems and solutions within the ERP(inside EDM&AO) ecosystem.
Such extended responsibilities and activities include:
- Business ownership and safe-guarding of the strategic ERP EDM&AO Domain Architecture (DA) blueprint, covering design, development and maintenance.
- Participating in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
- Align understanding of Orange Group corporate recommendations on IT&N architectures, deriving them into local Orange Romania EA recommendations
- Researching / analyzing the technology environment based on technical & business requirements, reviewing, and making strategic recommendations on any new corporate/enterprise software applications or innovations from a perspective of concept, design, prototyping, build, integration, operation, technical fit with other systems, methodologies, processes and operating models
- For existing applications, overseeing / controlling all planning, designing, programming, and implementation of any in-house software solution development
- For software enhancements provided by an external vendor, taking the lead role in reviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet the needs of the ERP EDM&AO. Addressing new features or feature enhancements.
- Acting as a lead developer for other in-house development staff, as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- Producing & maintaining the ERP EDM&AO development practices, standards & procedures and mentoring/coaching other development staff in these areas.
- Sharing best practices, lessons-learned and constantly updating the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Matching solutions with the corporate environment (operating systems, an information context, and integration requirements)
- Meeting the requirements of all internal and external stakeholders (product development processes, costs, and budgeting)
- Accounting for constraints and risks of each solution (technology, risks, scope, cost, quality, time, resources) in line with the DA, recommending the most suitable architecture blueprint
- Selecting the proper technology stack, participating in the sourcing processes for technology and tools selection - RFx sourcing for different tools, solutions, systems, implementations
- Securing compliance with non-functional requirements (security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability of a product, quality)
- Documenting requirements for existing and new solutions evolution and implementation
- Identifying and recommending areas appropriate for further study – . Experimentation areas; participating in any Proof of Concept projects / prototypes required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthening arguments for their adoption.
- Designing, developing, and implementing software application solutions for other departments in committed turn-around times with a sense of urgency.
2. Technical & business knowledge, skills / competences, areas of interest
- Strategic Enterprise architecture blueprinting and leadership across end-to-end BSS/OSS systems, solutions, software components, via multiple viewpoints (functional, infrastructure, etc.); engineering and software architecture design, Business Analysis & Costing competences
- IT architecture, infrastructure, and cloud development (including Public Clouds – Azure, GCP, AWS); Good understanding of Virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes on-premises and in the Cloud (. GKE, serverless deployments, etc.)
- Deep understanding of ERP systems core components, concepts, processes and interdependencies (eBusiness Suite Oracle Applications 11i; Charisma, optional Oracle Fusion, HCM suite)
- Infrastructure deployments – SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, IaaC; vmWare, Openstack
- Web Apps / Services and APIs, integration capabilities and full technology stacks across backend, frontend, CX/UX/UI
- Agile Software Development Life Cycle Scale and Waterfall methodologies advanced knowledge
- Understanding of DevOps and DataOps/ModelOps CI-CD-CT concepts of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment; knowledge on CI-CD-CT toolkit (Jenkins, TeamCity, Atlassian suite – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Automation across the development and operations (AIOps, SRE, etc.) domains
- Toolkits for enterprise data modeling, data architecture, architecture blueprinting, business analysis
- GDPR encryption, anonymization & pseudo-anonymization techniques; security options SSO, OAUTH2, Kerberos, etc.
- Data Governance / Quality Tool frameworks, Metadata & Master Data Management tools, Business Glossary
- Digital Transformation Leadership (Business, IT, Technology)
- Operational models re-design – managed services, time & material based consulting, operations setup, support, documentation
- Advanced knowledge and experience in both batch and real time integration development technologies and practices
- Advanced skill in configuring and operationally supporting (L1/2/3) software applications; excellent software development and debug/troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and software applications or to evolve existing applications to meet the company’s needs.
- Advanced skill in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
3. Soft skills / competences
Inter-personal & communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills, focusing on strong working relationships with all functional units of the organization.
- Recognize and manage interpersonal communication needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Maintain current understanding of the administration and user side functionality within the supported software applications, of the overall process and workflow of data through the various software application systems.
- Research and develop process improvements and new technologies and solutions in dedication to continuous improvement.
Problem Solving & Judgement
- Applies the identified job knowledge requirements for the role to make disciplined decisions in a timely fashion.
- Focus on solutions that are aligned for efficiency and re-usability across the enterprise.
- Strong coaching and leadership experience, senior/executive stakeholders management
- High problem-solving analytical skills
4. Experience, Education & Additional Qualifications
- Min 7 years’ experience in hands-on IT enterprise-grade software development required.
- Min. 3 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- English proficient
- University education in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Experience with Oracle Relational Database, ERP Apps
- Experience with Enterprise architecture frameworks
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience working in mid to large cross-functional projects
- Diligent attention to detail is essential due to the nature work.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize is a must.
- Ability to adjust/right size solutions and standards for the current corporate environment and needs.
- Sound ethics and confidentiality with good customer service skills.
5. Nice to have / advantages
- Project/Program/Portfolio/Product Management, PMI PMP or ACP
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) – experience or certification
- TOGAF® methodologies, ADM expertise – experience or certification
- Other overall architect certifications
- French language is a plus