Director Workforce Management
Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
The Director Workforce Management oversees the workforce management function and staff across multiple countries and lines of business to ensure that service level, financial, and other KPIs are met. This role includes managing teams with responsibilities for forecasting, capacity planning, scheduling, and real-time execution in partnership with local, regional, and global teams.
The role is designated as the Workforce Management (WFM) Lead for Europe and India and will be a direct report to the Senior Director for Workforce Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a multi-site environment including managing forecasting, scheduling, and real-time at an enterprise level.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Finance, Accounting, or Operations Preferred.
- Proven ability to partner across all levels of a complex organization.
- Strong ability to lead and partner in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing team members in remote locations.
- Advanced knowledge of the BPO call center industry.
- Strong knowledge of multiple workforce management platforms.
- Working knowledge of multiple telecoms and other channel platforms.
- Familiarity with Lean, Agile, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement programs.
- Ability to apply quantitative analysis techniques, including statistical modelling.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present complex ideas and situations in ways that are readily understandable by non-experts.
- Expert knowledge of workforce management theory and best practice, including modelling within a highly complex business environment and/or contact center management modelling is beneficial.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Able to translate operational performance into financial implications.
- Proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by the capacity to influence customers and team members in support of business initiatives.
- Leverages data to drive decisions and influence future strategies. Can clearly articulate points of view and provides compelling rationale to influence decisions. Solid analytical skills coupled with the ability to seek out root cause and explain impacts to business performance.
- Understanding and anticipating customer needs. Making sound decisions. Developing sound strategies to improve results. Playing a critical role in quantification and measurement of operating efficiencies.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including 25-30% travel.
- Partner with other WFM Regional leaders to recommend and develop procedural and operational guideline changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring consistent global process while managing local regulations and requirements.
- Lead end to end WFM functions: capacity and resource planning, scheduling, real-time monitoring, and analytics.
- Represent the company and workforce management in ad-hoc meetings, business reviews, presentations, workshops, and other client-facing activities.
- Proactively participate in strategic planning conversations with regards to future operational staff needs.
- Be accountable for translating the staffing implications of strategic initiatives.
- Support project planning for investment initiatives for work through staffing models regarding assessment of baseline performance, productivity improvements, and volume analyses.
- Lead annually operating plan/budget and outlook process with regards to the development of variable staffing. Partner closely with Finance to translate financial impacts.
- Create a high performing culture. Engage and coaches employees. Set expectations and hold the team accountable. Clarify job requirements and select the best people for them. Use recognition and rewards to motivate and retain individuals. Motivate, build respect and instill performance driven ethics. Coaching and developing for high performance.
- Be able to manage multiple priorities and aggressive timelines.
- Partner with Operations Leaders, HR, Recruiting and Learning to develop and execute on hiring needs, with consideration of financial, strategic, and tactical implications.
- Lead translation of business objectives into executable plans with emphasis on resource optimization and service level delivery. Accountable for general oversight of forecasting daily and interval level workload to efficiently and effectively meet customer demands.
- Lead change. Embrace changes, keep employees informed, and remain focused on business results. Partner across an enterprise to build synergies and share best practices across the Global WFM Team.
- Leverage WFM knowledge assists in sales and solutions activities including Lead new business Integrations, monitor and guide RFP process, and offer proactive client solutions.
- Maintain expertise regarding workforce management industry best practices and trends.
- Comply with the internal rules and regulations of the Company.